• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The event of the season - 2 days of hell!

Go Kart Mozart

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

It appears to me there's a subtle offset by solar here as we hit mid day.  Just ever so slight...

Probably the temps resume fall in tandem with the sloping afternoon. 

This is like the very first "sun bust" ... however slight

Absolutely. Temperature in downtown Greenfield actually jumped up 2° the past hour.  As silly as it sounds,  I was on the south side of the Brewery building, which is an old brick factory building and sheltered from the wind.  I could actually feel the warmth of the sun on my face and the sun warming the bricks. 

We briefly dipped below 16F about 30 min ago but now rotting at 17F....it's almost like when the wind isn't howling in with the CAA, we managed to tick up a bit but when we get the next burst of huge gusts/CAA, it drops a degree or two.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

We briefly dipped below 16F about 30 min ago but now rotting at 17F....it's almost like when the wind isn't howling in with the CAA, we managed to tick up a bit but when we get the next burst of huge gusts/CAA, it drops a degree or two.

Dam Tippy Sun angle.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Been hovering around 18. Nothing really exotic.

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

We briefly dipped below 16F but now rotting at 17F....it's almost like when the wind isn't howling in with the CAA, we managed to tick up a bit but when we get the next burst of huge gusts/CAA, it drops a degree or two.

Yeah nothing terribly impressive, at least down here, but the guidance is unanimous that the big cold sweeps in later this afternoon and evening. That’s the critical period for determining whether this brief blast is run of the mill or high end in parts of SNE. We know it’ll produce in NNE.

9D390BA9-F7E4-4501-8764-0F36EEE24DD9.gif.04edf05b32ebba9d379de0dd16ac692a.gif

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Between now and 00z, 925 temps go from like -17C to -26C or -27C...you don't get that kind of drop without a big response at the sfc in this mixed environment.

Here you can see the obscene gradient right now

image.png.e87955a327fd617cfc0023a755ac7de0.png

• Thanks 1