• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The event of the season - 2 days of hell!

Go Kart Mozart

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

I don't think last year's -30 on Jan 27 will be reached - colder H8s but poorer radiation this time.  Best chance would be if things slow down a bit, so Saturday night gets the rad.

I think the blustery conditions will limit the rad cooling for this, There would be some huge negatives if we ended up flat calm but that's not going to be the case.

Just now, dryslot said:

I think the blustery conditions will limit the rad cooling for this, There would be some huge negatives if we ended up flat calm but that's not going to be the case.

Too bad we couldn't hold that high for Saturday night....we'd prob see some insane readings. But this whole thing sped up about 6-10 hours from a few days ago. We might get to see some spots in upstate NY like SLK go lunar though friday night.

• Like 1

Just now, ORH_wxman said:

Too bad we couldn't hold that high for Saturday night....we'd prob see some insane readings. But this whole thing sped up about 6-10 hours from a few days ago. We might get to see some spots in upstate NY like SLK go lunar though friday night.

Saturday night looked like the better time frame but the core of the cold with the HP will be on the move east by then, If there is any year you can't get something timed right for the most part it has been this one, To bad its transient too.

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Saturday night looked like the better time frame but the core of the cold with the HP will be on the move east by then, If there is any year you can't get something timed right for the most part it has been this one, To bad its transient too.

It would fit the tenor of the season, that’s for sure. I don’t think we can maximize potential here.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Snow pack would've helped a lot down there to lower the temps further.

It is what it is. Hopefully mby can get below zero. I have one (-1.2) subzero low going back to when I moved back to CT in May 2018. 

Tropical has produced more than winter has in that stretch.

GYX latest temps for this area compared to this morning's numbers - Friday same or a bit colder, Friday night 1-2° less cold, Saturday and Sat night 6° less cold.  Daytime forecast went from -2 to +4.  Last subzero max here was Jan 6, 2018.  In 24+ years (25 Januarys) we've only had 9 subzero highs plus 2 more at zero.

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

GYX latest temps for this area compared to this morning's numbers - Friday same or a bit colder, Friday night 1-2° less cold, Saturday and Sat night 6° less cold.  Daytime forecast went from -2 to +4.  Last subzero max here was Jan 6, 2018.  In 24+ years (25 Januarys) we've only had 9 subzero highs plus 2 more at zero.

My BOX forecast for Friday night went from -9  to -10 but Saturday went from high of 10 up to a high of 15.   

• Like 1

I'll bet we bottom out at -5 to -8F. Nothing crazy cold. I think our coldest was -12.

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

35 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I think the core of that cold went south of here. BML -18 and LEB -14 while in MA PSF was -19 and MQE -14.

Yeah I remember it sort of went through southern VT and right into MA for the strongest anomalies. We were tracking Stratton mountain temps.