• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The event of the season - 2 days of hell!

Go Kart Mozart

1 minute ago, Ginx snewx said:

Love the smell of Ozone in the morning...smells like victory 

download.png

Heavy, heavy wood stove smoke…especially Sunday morning. I’m not trying to poopoo this…it’s going to be damn cold either way. I just figured if it’s going to be -10s here anyway we may as well go for -20 or colder. We hit -12 to -17 many winters for a peak min. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Heavy, heavy wood stove smoke…especially Sunday morning. I’m not trying to poopoo this…it’s going to be damn cold either way. I just figured if it’s going to be -10s here anyway we may as well go for -20 or colder. We hit -12 to -17 many winters for a peak min. 

-20s are pretty routine here in a “normal” winter

18 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Oh yea I agree . Those 850s though. That's record territory even if it doesn't translate to the surface. Definitely interested in which model ends up being closest to reality. Euro not backing down. Wish we had deep snow cover.

13 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

NAM is about 0-1F for BOS. I was thinking -1 or -2. Euro too cold.

Soundings seem centered up around 850, opposed to a little lower a couple days ago. Little deeper mixing to moderate a bit. Friday does look dam cold, 6z gfs is sub 5F after 12z at MHT. Ruined by a midnight high in the 20s though. 

5 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Soundings seem centered up around 850, opposed to a little lower a couple days ago. Little deeper mixing to moderate a bit. Friday does look dam cold, 6z gfs is sub 5F after 12z at MHT. Ruined by a midnight high in the 20s though. 

It's a bit quicker too, so Friday aftn is really dam cold now. It lifts out a few hours sooner too...Sat aftn may be near 20 here.

• Like 1

Friday afternoon should be the coldest I can remember up here.  These are crazy low temperatures when people are out and about.  The cold front is through here by early morning with potential snow squalls with temps near 0F and just drops all day from there.

We have a deep snow cover and that will help keep it cold.  If we are going to get cold we might as well go big.  It is in and out.  I can take that.  It is the endless cold that I hate.  This is at 5pm

Screenshot 2023-02-01 110314.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, OceanStWx said:

I just planted a Redhaven this past spring, so this is the first winter. I think it's well sited. I don't radiate all that well being on a hillside, it's got a windbreak to the northwest and west from the natural vegetation, and it's right next to a slope on the west side that really prevents severe reflection off the snowpack. I flirt with 6A, so I should be fine, but I don't want to disappoint the kids like when the flew off with our first blueberry crop.

At least nothing will fly off with the peaches, except maybe some "finger blight" from the neighborhood kids.

First double-digit subzero this morning, with -12.  Saw PQI with -26.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

I will see if i can better last winters -17.8°F for here, I think its doable but the only factor i have is the wind keeping temps up a bit.

I don't think last year's -30 on Jan 27 will be reached - colder H8s but poorer radiation this time.  Best chance would be if things slow down a bit, so Saturday night gets the rad.