Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2023 General Discussion

Spartman

1 hour ago, Spartman said:

image.png.6cab3b17184af46b56f7df34baf49871.png

It is kind of fun to watch these extended maps as they like to putting SE MI into the above precip.  

Not so much: 

image.png.c6cd3616db9c157f0f791a611ca54325.png

Around my area (about the center of the brown) we have not seen an above normal precip month since Oct 2021.

Hope it is right but I have my doubts!!

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Chinook said:

Anybody from Toronto in here? The GFS says -14F (-26C) with a wind of 10 knots (19 km/h) on Friday morning. The NAM has some temperatures that are not quite so cold.

We'll see if that happens. The Lakes are quite warm at the moment. I think the suburbs, where I am, has a shot of making it down that far. YYZ, maybe -4F.

Prelim data in for Jan, and coming in a little shy of the top 5. But fully expect as more data comes in from various data sets during the month that that will change with at least a 0.5 increase, putting the final number easily top 5. Here are the 5 & 10 year trend charts for the month.

Midwest Jan anoms 5 yr trend.gif

Midwest Jan anoms 10 yr trend.gif

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Brian D said:

Prelim data in for Jan, and coming in a little shy of the top 5. But fully expect as more data comes in from various data sets during the month that that will change with at least a 0.5 increase, putting the final number easily top 5. Here are the 5 & 10 year trend charts for the month.

Midwest Jan anoms 5 yr trend.gif

Midwest Jan anoms 10 yr trend.gif

Looks like one heck of an extreme from 1857 to 1858.

You can definitely see the first hint of spring fever already hitting.  Lots of people out today on walks, car washes jam packed, and people just outside to be outside.  

Snow is quickly melting here and should be completely gone be tomorrow.  MLI up to 45 making a run at 50.

EDIT:  MLI did end up hitting 50.

• Like 2