• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

1 hour ago, EastonSN+ said:

Looking at the LR GEFS, once again, the -NAO flexes at the exact same time as the RNA.

There were discussions last year when the same thing happened where the NAO was considered "bootleg" and more a RESULT of the RNA rather than a coincidence.

So for the third time in 2 years the RNA and NAO are going to flex at the exact same time.

I wonder how often we have a strong RNA that a negative NAO suddenly appears. 

If it were a legit NAO, why can't we get an AO flex at the same time. Has to be a connection.

Are you saying that you don't think that the upcoming -NAO is largely due to the current major SSW? The timing is about right with it starting ~10 days after the SSW although I realize that a -AO usually accompanies the -NAO.

17 minutes ago, GaWx said:

Are you saying that you don't think that the upcoming -NAO is largely due to the current major SSW? The timing is about right with it starting ~10 days after the SSW although I realize that a -AO usually accompanies the -NAO.

I am not sure, however the correlation is amazing. Same thing occured last year. The RNA and the NAO flexes at the same time.

Why are they so perfectly lined up?

I am just asking the board to see if there is a reason for 2 years they align in intensification.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, snowman19 said:

If this hyped -NAO takes until 3/13 to develop how much good are you expecting out of it?

See March 2018

Not saying that's the outcome but we have to see what happens with the stratospheric warming.

1 hour ago, Blue Dream said:

Do you ever post anything remotely positive?  Asking for a friend

He doesn't =(

27 minutes ago, Winterweatherlover said:

Yea I was thinking this. Absolutely nothing has gone right this winter. 

That doesn't mean this upcoming pattern will follow the previous patterns. 

• Like 1

That doesn't mean this upcoming pattern will follow the previous patterns. 

March, 2018 is quite possibly one of the worst “analogs” for this upcoming March ever, it ranks right up there in the top 5 dumbest wishcasts ever, like as bad as the fools who were using 1995-96 and 2010-11 back in November for this winter. The people who were using 1957-58, 2002-03, and 2009-10 as “analogs” for the 2015-16 super El Niño, saying it was “west-based” were equally as dumb so it’s a really hard choice for the biggest buffoon award
  • Weenie 3

2 hours ago, MJO812 said:

The period after this storm looks intriguing 

That may be the best chance NYC has at going over 1” on the season. But confidence in week two forecasts showing colder and snow chances haven’t been reliable this winter. So we wait to see if it can survive until it gets under 120 hrs. We would probably need more of ridge in the Rockies to slow the Pacific Jet down enough. But there is some hint of a ridge trying to form near the Plains. But it’s still a week two forecast.

312C970F-A289-4700-BF7B-34BD01CB5BCD.thumb.png.f6c2ffc16dc50d05709de961ad5b3584.png

• Thanks 1