• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit

22 minutes ago, LibertyBell said:

It's actually less than what we got in December.

I see now why Forky laughs at snowfall "measurements" they are highly variable, imprecise and not really scientific.

guys, in all fairness, you’re talking about less than an inch of snow. How precise could it be? It melts as soon as the sun comes out

• Like 3

Just now, the_other_guy said:

guys, in all fairness, you’re talking about less than an inch of snow. How precise could it be? It melts as soon as the sun comes out

This is very true.  We'll have another party when we measure the first 1.0" lol

To show how little this is, there's a construction crew outside right now drilling on my street.  They never do this in bad weather.

The next 8 days are averaging    35degs.(28/42) or +1.

Reached 48 here yesterday at 3am---40 daytime-2pm.

Today:    35-38, wind n. to nw., cloudy early, clearing by 1pm., 29 tomorrow AM.

Up the Creek with a new Streak Now?

1675231200-Sxt5p8lozi4.png

29*(64%RH) here at 6am.  Finally some snow cover-beach is white with thin covering, 0.1" on edge of my balcony, car tops white---but streets just wet.   Probably happened  from 4pm-6pm.        33* at 9pm.       34* at 10pm.       35* at Noon    36* at 1pm.        41* at 3pm.      Reached 43* at 4pm.       37* at 7pm.       32* at 10pm.

• Like 1

I thought about trying to measure what fell, then I looked to my left and right and saw my neighbors getting ready to leave for work. For the sake of my dignity I avoided sticking a ruler into the somewhere between trace and .3 inches. 

Happy everyone got something, but yikes this winter. I’ve never paid so much attention to a dusting in my life, honestly. 

• Haha 6