Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

21 minutes ago, dryslot said:

You inspired me, 3.0" on 0.09 LE, 33:1

Yeah this is maximized dendritic growth.  Still fluffing out there.  Lightly but it doesn’t take much in these conditions.

No strong forcing, just a cold air mass and a disturbance causing some sloshing of air… brings a nice winter clipper outcome.

1 hour ago, powderfreak said:

Yeah this is maximized dendritic growth.  Still fluffing out there.  Lightly but it doesn’t take much in these conditions.

No strong forcing, just a cold air mass and a disturbance causing some sloshing of air… brings a nice winter clipper outcome.

You deal with this high fluff stuff in elevation more then me over here in the coastal plain, This is about as high as i've seen for ratios.

1 minute ago, dendrite said:

Still residual pain, but popping the advil and trying to go to work. Down to 2° while Gene and Mitch are 17°. Radiating like the moon once it cleared. 

Low single digits here too. But 17° not too far away, about 2 miles.

Is there a good new drug for migraines? I think the pro tennis player Monica Seles suffered from migraines and was a real advocate for this drug.

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Low single digits here too. But 17° not too far away, about 2 miles.

Is there a good new drug for migraines? I think the pro tennis player Monica Seles suffered from migraines and was a real advocate for this drug.

I had been having a lot of caffeine lately…mostly from 95% dark chocolate. That Taza can get addictive. I was eating over a bar a day, but it was starting to make my heart beat out of my chest and after Friday I just had to stop. Sat afternoon it started coming on and yesterday it was full blown. So it’s mostly caffeine withdrawals…I hope. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, dendrite said:

I had been having a lot of caffeine lately…mostly from 95% dark chocolate. That Taza can get addictive. I was eating over a bar a day, but it was starting to make my heart beat out of my chest and after Friday I just had to stop. Sat afternoon it started coming on and yesterday it was full blown. So it’s mostly caffeine withdrawals…I hope. 

I used to get a wicked headache for 2-3 days when I quit caffeine, I finally just quit for good, maybe a cup of tea or an iced coffee now and then but no more 2-3 cups a day.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

5.5” past 24 hours at the house, in one measurement stack.  Grabbed another 2” overnight.  Beautiful postcard fluff clinging to everything.

Just cleared (temporarily) on north side of Whiteface after more fluff overnight...snow showers were persistent in that flow...we'll see what we can do over here with upcoming disturbance...hoping for 2-4? 

image0 (1).jpeg

• Like 7