SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Man the skiing must be sweet.

It’s good. Nice cold packed powder.

But gotta bundle up, it’s not warm, hovering either side of 0F after another below zero night.  Wintry vibe is strong with the snow packed roads with only pavement in the tire tracks type appeal.

Nice old school style clipper look today.

1ADECE4B-7C76-419D-974C-63989358CE17.gif.58d77ae88ecc44bbdbf7843deadf9bda.gif

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

It’s good. Nice cold packed powder.

But gotta bundle up, it’s not warm, hovering either side of 0F after another below zero night.  Wintry vibe is strong with the snow packed roads with only pavement in the tire tracks type appeal.

Nice old school style clipper look today.

1ADECE4B-7C76-419D-974C-63989358CE17.gif.58d77ae88ecc44bbdbf7843deadf9bda.gif

It's a clipper flipper. Man haven't said that in forever 

• Like 3

28 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Should be a good week for us. 4 to 8 with lollies in Ct

the way this winter has been, I'd be happy with this week just getting me more than 11", to surprise the lowest ever recorded here of 27.6", 15-16... currently sitting at 16 even after yesterday 1.3", this week does look good as currently shown for us in CT

after steady but very light snow all morning, with no radar returns, the radar shows lift arriving, precip starting to shot up on radar, and I'd say we are now a moderate snow with small flakes.  With 5-15 on the ground, even if we only get an inch it will feel like a snowstorm today.  Radar says to me that we overachieve our "less than an inch" forecast.  The forcing from the clipper is just getting here, it is 11 degrees and I bet the ratios are very high.  Brian will know.

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

after steady but very light snow all morning, with no radar returns, the radar shows lift arriving, precip starting to shot up on radar, and I'd say we are now a moderate snow with small flakes.  With 5-15 on the ground, even if we only get an inch it will feel like a snowstorm today.  Radar says to me that we overachieve our "less than an inch" forecast.  The forcing from the clipper is just getting here, it is 11 degrees and I bet the ratios are very high.  Brian will know.

Mark, only 5.4F  Light to moderate snow here.  Definitely fluff factor going to work!

Newfound Lake finally froze over last night

• Like 1

1 hour ago, mreaves said:

Same thing happened here. Has lightened up now but the air was thick with snow for a while. Up to 9.8° now. 

got 1.25" in about an hour.  plus .25 last eve.

tapered off and not sure what we get later.  maybe little to nothing, but this is a midwinter vibe here and the snow I'm sure is very high ratio fluff.

6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

got 1.25" in about an hour.  plus .25 last eve.

tapered off and not sure what we get later.  maybe little to nothing, but this is a midwinter vibe here and the snow I'm sure is very high ratio fluff.

10F  Light snow.  About 2" in the last 2 1/2 hours.  2.5" total including yesterday

That band of snow that past through us was impressive.  True heavy snow, big dendrites.  It is that fake snow that has so little water content.  Snow has let up now, vis 2 miles