Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

41 minutes ago, brooklynwx99 said:

blocking is also trending stronger and moving forward in time on the EPS. nice trends with the PNA out west too

4C40D6D4-3863-4548-BDDC-A8BFBBB1ED58.thumb.gif.84c8978f9981b850e8f1bdb12f683b20.gif

I’ve been slowing stacking my chips this season, staying patient…yea I lost a hand in Dec and another small pot in late jan/early feb…but I’m ready to shove my stack in very soon. Just need to wait a few more hands. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Snowcrazed71 said:

I swear, you must have fallen on your head somewhere and never recovered fully ... lol

You mean to tell me you wouldn't care if we had an intense ice storm which would break or kill trees and bushes, bring down wires, possibly do damage to homes... 

I will send it all to your house. You can have all of that. I'll take snow and I'll take sleet.. I do not want ice

You must be new here. He's legit been wishing for a grid collapsing ice storm forever. Have to feel bad that his two weather dreams (grid collapsing ice storm; cat 3+ cane) likely won't occur in his lifetime.

• Haha 2

48 minutes ago, Volcanic Winter said:

On the subject of warmth; is it true that CFa Humid Subtropical climate zoning has reached the Cape and even as far north as Boston along the immediate Mass coastline? I saw some suggestion those locations have begun to surpass the 32F coldest month average for the CFa / DFa (Humid Continental) cutoff. I’ve even seen maps reflecting this. If so, that’s absolutely bewildering. Of course it also depends on the year / season, and I’m not sure how many years get factored into when they make these adjustments / shifts for various locations. Of course this winter many DFa locations would surpass criteria for CFa, but wouldn’t be shifted off a single year.

I clearly recall quite a while ago when I first learned of the Koppen climate classification system (perhaps 15-20 years ago?) that CFa only extended into extreme southern NJ (Cape May) and certainly not up to NYC. Now I’ve read the whole lower HV technically qualifies in addition to Boston (again, if true which is why I’m asking). 

Wild. 

BOS average temp for January is around 29.5-30F or so. So it would take another 3 decades of warming to get them over 32F average on current trends. If it speeds up, maybe they could pull it off in 2 decades. February is actually still below 32F average too but only by a little. 

• Thanks 1

18 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I’ve been slowing stacking my chips this season, staying patient…yea I lost a hand in Dec and another small pot in late jan/early feb…but I’m ready to shove my stack in very soon. Just need to wait a few more hands. 

People are so petrified that every mention of a favorable analog or acronym needs to be qualified by some tempered language expressing an understanding of the fact that it won't snow, regardless...just because. Fu@k that...I think it's going to snow this March, and probably a lot.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

8 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

People are so petrified that every mention of a favorable analog or acronym needs to be qualified by some tempered language expressing an understanding of the fact that it won't snow, regardless...just because. Fu@k that...I think it's going to snow this March, and probably a lot.

Gosh I hope you are right, lets end this shit season on a great note!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, weathafella said:

The problem I when you’re old you need healthcare much more frequently.  Resources are more limited in NNE.  Unless you are in VT where it is more plentiful.  Just go there as often as you can in summer and tell your so that the wx is great there all year.

NH is pretty well covered with Dartmouth in the upper valley, well, they cover quite a bit of eastern VT too.

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

We’ll let them follow the jeepers creepers into another faux March12 redux while we stay the course on a wintery closing to the season. 

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

7 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just call for snowy Morch . It didn’t work these past 3 months.. it will work now.  Nothing can go wrong 

here you go

57 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

4 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Just like your famous "nickles and dimes" proclamation in mid January 2015....

At some point you’ve got to just admit the winter was a bust. The winter, all the forecasts etc. Continuing to post that things look snowy and confidence of snowy outcomes becomes like the fabled boy who cried wolf. There’s nothing more I’d like than a few snowstorms, but I think that is very unlikely outside of NNE. That’s my opinion and take based on what I see. You and Luke could of course be right 

• Like 1