Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That was a good one. Not hecs but the cutoff spun south of LI for days with snow showers, giving a prolonged deep winter vibe. 

I was just reminded via memories about that one....I really just want 1 good storm. On the bright side, my panels just produced 50 Kwh today, for the first time since October 30th. 

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

That was a good one. Not hecs but the cutoff spun south of LI for days with snow showers, giving a prolonged deep winter vibe. 

That 2/1/21 event had a pretty crazy cutoff near me. I had about 17 inches while just 4-5 miles away had 8” of total slop. Even lower parts of my town on the south side prob had 5” less than me. 

Great event though. That pack had some real meat in it. We ran the table for solid pack from 1/26 that season through mid-March even though it stopped snowing around 2/18-2/20. 

10 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Has anyone noticed all the squirrels vanished? I have not seen a squirrel since pre Xmas . There was not one acorn last fall so maybe that’s the correlation? After these fat boys ate the pumpkins they literally vanished. Good riddance 

HfIUWAQ.jpg

They are doing just fine in my yard. I have families of both gray squirrels and black squirrels.

16 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Has anyone noticed all the squirrels vanished? I have not seen a squirrel since pre Xmas . There was not one acorn last fall so maybe that’s the correlation? After these fat boys ate the pumpkins they literally vanished. Good riddance 

HfIUWAQ.jpg

I had a huge family all fall, brothers, sisters' cousins cleaning up all my nuts, haven't seen many since fall.

49 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I was just reminded via memories about that one....I really just want 1 good storm. On the bright side, my panels just produced 50 Kwh today, for the first time since October 30th. 

There’s always a bright side. Glad you found one. We were ready to install our solar system two weeks ago until the roof inspector called it off. We need a new roof within 3 years now, ugh. No solar until we do. 

23 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

They are doing just fine in my yard. I have families of both gray squirrels and black squirrels.

Mine either moved on or died. Not just my hood, but all around town. I remember in the fall they were darting all over into roads , into traffic. They just disappeared. I hate the FOC’ers.. so hopefully gone for good though I’m sure when the acorn yield returns next fall after a warm dry spring.. they’ll be back 

37 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

HfIUWAQ.jpg

My neighbor was obsessed with eliminating these guys from her yard last year. Her husband trapped them one by one and relocated them all summer long.  It was the funniest shit.  He ended up relocating 38 of them.  By the time Fall came there were none to be seen in the immediate area. 

1 hour ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

remember thunder snow with that one I believe, if I remember correctly, that was on a weekend no? or am I thinking of a different event? anyway it's been 80-86 here in Soflo, way above normal for even here, napes tan already and it's 2/1, gonna thin the blood, been gone most of the winter this year, enjoy the artic two days up there while it's 90 here Fri!

34 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

29/25 and pounding ZR at DFW. Plenty of T/TD spread for good accretion. 
:damage:

this blows for me, was expecting critical parts for my test overnight priority shipping and they delayed because of ice in Memphis and Dallas because of this, my test here is cursed I swear... now I have to wait for the weather to clear, FedEx says delayed beyond our control, how lovely

3 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Yea. I expect some blocking to show up back half of Feb into March. Nothing extreme but good enough especially as wavelengths shorten. I know no one cares to discuss until they’re shoveling but this is why we are here. 

With the Nina weakening this looks possible 

1 minute ago, tavwtby said:

remember thunder snow with that one I believe, if I remember correctly, that was on a weekend no? or am I thinking of a different event? anyway it's been 80-86 here in Soflo, way above normal for even here, napes tan already and it's 2/1, gonna thin the blood, been gone most of the winter this year, enjoy the artic two days up there while it's 90 here Fri!

No thundersnow with 2/1/21, at least no reports of it that i recall seeing during the event. Last time we had widespread thundersnow in CT was Feb 9th 2017 and Mar 7th 2018.

For a lot of areas west of 91 in New Haven and Fairfield ctys that was the biggest event since Feb 13.

Just got finished remaking all the events for the 20-21 season if anyone's interested @WxWatcher007 you can find them here: 

02.01.21_jdj_snowfall_totals.jpg

• Like 1