Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

3 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Thanks. Wasn't expecting much, so a nice surprise. crazy how easily it accumulated with a cold air mass, vs every other storm we've had so far

Even up here in the interior, almost all my snow has fallen at marginal temps. It’s been insane…feels like Virginia Beach. I think the only event over an inch that fell with cold temps (like below 30F) was the 12/11 system. 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Yeah this is it. Can't come back from that statement without seeming super foolish. I'd bet Miami declining interest sealed the deal for him

I haven't been following this. Miami declining interest, as in for the 2023/24, and not prior to the Tampa Bay signing after the Patriots?  I didn't know this was even a thing and that Tom was looking to make this move.

7 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Greatest wx event of the 20th century. The local tailor, Elmer Butterfield, can recall exactly which suit button he was replacing the moment that barometer touched 31.06in. Margaret Bettancourt was checking her canned preserves when she noticed the air felt extra heavy that day. 

• Haha 9

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Greatest wx event of the 20th century. The local tailor, Elmer Butterfield, can recall exactly which suit button he was replacing the moment that barometer touched 31.06in. Margaret Bettancourt was checking her canned preserves when she noticed the air felt extra heavy that day. 

They needed more exclamation points in that post

10 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Women that normally had taut, firm breasts suddenly felt heavy and weighted down and there were reports of what felt like D sized batteries under many a brassiere that day . 

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, powderfreak said:

-11F at MVL.  -10F at neighbor’s PWS.

Radiators mount up.

6FEF8B80-7882-4ED3-8A29-4193B7B0E2F0.gif.ddcde689b5f8b694ec102e4eb427463d.gif
Some classic radiating that my heating bill is going to hate.  It’s cold down here by the river.

Whole valley is -10F to -12F but go just a couple hundred feet up and it’s near 0F.

9A6B35FF-D537-4115-9DCE-6C810A5F3585.jpeg.de85fcbc2c164952538f4f8598675ed1.jpeg

Classic cold air drain down to the river next to the golf course.

B1C57301-517E-451F-BDDB-BAF2997ABE89.jpeg.bf1f0d94846b3ba50aca99bc7bf5b87a.jpeg

Temp sensor is not operational at KLEW but my station had 1.9°F this morning as i can radiate with some of the best........lol

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ORH_wxman said:

Clown range EPS has potential for one of those February 60+ or even 70+ torches on that look. Let’s get that in here if it’s not gonna snow….then get a big dog as we go into march and then call it a winter. 

that would end the pack, and if we get to that I'd be out there helping with a blowtorch.