Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

5 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone who watch the replay from the sideline angle and who *understands* what a late hit in the nfl is knows this was a very easy call , not sure how this is a brain bender . You can’t lean into a shove of a QB out of bounds and send him off his feet .  I seriously wonder now anyone who can’t see this is either so emotional they can’t use logic or they hate the chiefs too much to see straight .  Nothing personal Garth as I like you , but it’s just me making my point . Either way I’ll drop it now for the boards benefit lol.

Sorry. I have to disagree, only since I've seen this light tap happen before out of bounds.  But, I am not going to go on and on with it. I really don't care, but the memes never dissapoint.
May be an image of 1 person and text that says 'Congratulations to Ron Torbert on becoming the 1st referee to ever win AFC Championship Game MVP NFL'

• Like 1
  • Haha 8

9 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Only the model that has anything within the foreseeable future is the GEM. Really rather remarkable how the region has avoided snowfall this year with nothing short of surgical precision.

It is remarkable. So is... at least for the most part, the lack of even fantasy storms on the GFS. I mean yeah, it has had some here and there, but they'd be gone the following run.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Some of us may not break a half a foot. 

Ok, we have the cold shot, we warm up.  But then what happens?  I think we are AN for a week or two, but does that really stick, is that it?  I doubt it.  I'm not seeing much discussion about the 2nd half of February and assuming that is because it doesn't look like there will be many opportunities.  However, will it still be cold in Canada?  It doesn't take a lot to get it to snow in NE in February when there is cold nearby.

44 minutes ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Anyone who watch the replay from the sideline angle and who *understands* what a late hit in the nfl is knows this was a very easy call , not sure how this is a brain bender . You can’t lean into a shove of a QB out of bounds and send him off his feet .  I seriously wonder now anyone who can’t see this is either so emotional they can’t use logic or they hate the chiefs too much to see straight .  Nothing personal Garth as I like you , but it’s just me making my point . Either way I’ll drop it now for the boards benefit lol.

First bolded part is absolutely correct..

2nd bolded part, I have no doubt that is the reason why some individuals can't accept that it was an obvious penalty.

5 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Ok, we have the cold shot, we warm up.  But then what happens?  I think we are AN for a week or two, but does that really stick, is that it?  I doubt it.  I'm not seeing much discussion about the 2nd half of February and assuming that is because it doesn't look like there will be many opportunities.  However, will it still be cold in Canada?  It doesn't take a lot to get it to snow in NE in February when there is cold nearby.

It looks like above normal after this next week, but that pattern shown on the ensembles seems like it would be prone to cold shots and probably some winter wx chances mixed in despite the overall being AN. The EPO ridge is still in place...it never reverts to an AK vortex.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

It looks like above normal after this next week, but that pattern shown on the ensembles seems like it would be prone to cold shots and probably some winter wx chances mixed in despite the overall being AN. The EPO ridge is still in place...it never reverts to an AK vortex.

That is broadly what I thought was the situation.  That will bring shots of snow to all or most of New England.   The panic is undignfied for New England.  Scooter highs and such.  Maybe the Chiefs losing will bring a "Scooter high."

20 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The most amazing part about this winter is that it has pulled off this misery without a death vortex over AK....you look at most of the sensible weather comps that were this bad, and most had the pig.

Nuts.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

The most amazing part about this winter is that it has pulled off this misery without a death vortex over AK....you look at most of the sensible weather comps that were this bad, and most had the pig.

Nuts.

We had two rounds of a transient pig....one early in the month (like first week)....and then  another around Jan 15-18....but yeah, it hasn't been parked there for weeks like we typically see in torch patterns.

16 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

I know the pattern has had its issues with deep lows out west, etc....but 4" in most of CT?

Wow...

3.0” on Dec 11. Then four 30 minute snows of about .2” each that have amounted to 3.8” on the season at my elevation of 600’ .. 1 mile down the hill they are between 1-2” on the season. 

• Sad 1