Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If NNE is also done for the winter aside from upslope ..They’ll all finish WBN . The only difference is they had that one 7-10 period of snow that most south if NH dud not get 

Think we’re near or slightly AN so far up here. 

Just now, Damage In Tolland said:

But let’s say you don’t get much more from here on out as models show the Feb inferno east of Mississippi .. how would the finals look? I honestly don’t know?

We’ve had 30” this month with a +9 Jan. lol

It’s going to snow plenty more up here weenie. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, WxWatcher007 said:

I also don’t think we’re really “jumping on” the temp forecast verbatim. A lot of caution flags are up, but the overall idea of big cold doesn’t seem absurd. 

Of course.  It's gonna be a nasty cold blast relative to the season.  Models haven't really backed down on how cold.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Yeah, not sure how many are truly "invested" in this Winter anymore.  Think most are done tracking things in greater detail and are just accepting of what comes.

I am 100% enjoying the nice mild dry days at this point, just having fun with everyone that’s all we can do , I didn’t love the look of the late January/early February gradient pattern for down here all along. Winter mode has been gone. If we can thread the needle on one great event and enjoy it as it comes, then great.  I’m actually enjoying the warmth and no snow pack as I just rescued another pup and she needs to be outside constantly. 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, dendrite said:

We’ve had 30” this month with a +9 Jan. lol

It’s going to snow plenty more up here weenie. 

Yeah BTV is slightly below normal snow but is ahead of last year.  It’s probably bordering on within a “normal” distribution right now despite massive positive departures.

Of course if not another inch of snow fell, they’d be 50% of average. 

6 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

I am 100% enjoying the nice mild dry days at this point, just having fun with everyone that’s all we can do , I didn’t love the look of the late January/early February gradient pattern for down here all along. Winter mode has been gone. If we can thread the needle on one great event and enjoy it as it comes, then great.  I’m actually enjoying the warmth and no snow pack as I just rescued another pup and she needs to be outside constantly. 

We wash vehicles , early spring cleanups , shoot hoops in driveway. Not what was wanted .. but once reality set in last month.. I made peace 

• Like 2
  • Weenie 1

9 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Why does a pup need to be outside constantly? Thank you for rescuing, pic?

49 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

If NNE is also done for the winter aside from upslope ..They’ll all finish WBN . The only difference is they had that one 7-10 period of snow that most south if NH dud not get 

I will not finish well below normal, and neither will jeff, and neither will Brian, and neither will gene.  You’re a drama queen 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I will not finish well below normal, and neither will jeff, and neither will Brian, and neither will gene.  You’re a drama queen 

You need to know him long enough to know how his mind works. You have to go deep mentally into a dark web of defense mechanisms to see what he’s trying to do to cope with the lack of snowfall. There’s a little reverse psychology here and also protecting himself from the fear of not seeing much more snow by just ending it for everyone. Worst case scenario for him is missing out while it pounds ORH-Scoot-Ray northward. Luckily for his family it’s been more near the NH border and northward. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Just now, dendrite said:

You need to know him long enough to know how his mind works. You have to go deep mentally into a dark web of defense mechanisms to see what he’s trying to do to cope with the lack of snowfall. There’s a little reverse psychology here and also protecting himself from the fear of not seeing much more snow by just ending it for everyone. Worst case scenario for him is missing out while it pounds ORH-Scoot-Ray northward. Luckily for his family it’s been more near the NH border and northward. 

What do you average per year ? And where are you YTD? How much are you expecting to finish with?

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Tell me about this "Euro"

GettyImages-515296504-81e4865310b14a229157e7d9ab151634.webp

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I don’t know what you do for a living, but if you’re not a therapist or psychologist, you should be

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, dendrite said:

His name is Projection Paul.  If it rains to I-84, it rains to Maine or Canada.  If it’s a drought on I-84, it’s a drought everywhere. Dews? Everyone is humid.

All types of weather is usually a blanket statement applicable for the whole forum… except for cool nights in the warm season, he likes to have the hottest nights around.

• Like 1