Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
February 2023 Obs/Discussion

Baroclinic Zone

40 minutes ago, weathafella said:

What will probably happen is a widespread 6-12 during garbage time (post 3/15).

Seems to happen a lot in the shit winters. Exception might be 2011-12…but even in that one we had a front ender in early March that dropped a few inches which ruined futility records in spots. 

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I mean imagine the climate sheet this month?  ha..    it'd be like 39, 41, 44, 38, 50, 44, 47, 54, 49, 43, 37, 33, -1 , 35, 45, 57 ....

We had like 50F and rain 36 hours after that epic Feb 2016 cold shot. 

Hell, remember late Jan 94? I think we went from 0F to 50F in 12 hours. Actually I know you remember it because I recall you telling the story of that day’s progression…started with 4F needles and ended with steaming snow banks and fog. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Seems to happen a lot in the shit winters. Exception might be 2011-12…but even in that one we had a front ender in early March that dropped a few inches which ruined futility records in spots. 

Dec-Feb had like 9" here in 11-12... but we had Oct 11, then that March event was pushing double digits here. There might have been another smaller one in March too. Ended up with a bootleg 35" season. 

2 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

We had like 50F and rain 36 hours after that epic Feb 2016 cold shot. 

Hell, remember late Jan 94? I think we went from 0F to 50F in 12 hours. Actually I know you remember it because I recall you telling the story of that day’s progression…started with 4F needles and ended with steaming snow banks and fog. 

Gardiner numbers:
27th   11   -21     T    T
28th   45   -1   1.61   2.5

50 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Pretty sure that was fake cold too. I remember radiating to like -15F that morning. Would have to radiate on the backside to challenge it. 

It was - the Big Black River site is in a valley (duh!) a bit downstream from the South Road bridge about 5 miles from St-Pamphile, PQ.  Lots of fake cold -40s along N. Maine rivers, also at K40B.  Made it to -36 at my frost pocket locale.

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

It was - the Big Black River site is in a valley (duh!) a bit downstream from the South Road bridge about 5 miles from St-Pamphile, PQ.  Lots of fake cold -40s along N. Maine rivers, also at K40B.  Made it to -36 at my frost pocket locale.

There were a lot of -40's that morning, 9 mile bridge i believe was just behind Big Black River

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Pretty sure that was fake cold too. I remember radiating to like -15F that morning. Would have to radiate on the backside to challenge it. 

Yeah…I had -17 here which tied my coldest. I think that may be the last -20s for CON (-24). 

18z gfs comes in colder than 12z. Looks like the coldest of the season is coming…severity tbd.

• Like 1