89.06363636    Average 40's
105.4454545    Average 50's
118.45    Average 60's
106.4    Average 70's
83.14    Average 80's
78.45    Average 90's
68.73    Average 00's
72    Average 10's

based on official data from here back to the 30s, I'm not at my laptop but prior to this data back to 1887, was pretty low too, comparable to the 90s avg

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

It does appear some snow is coming early - middle portion of next week. Which day seems to be the question depending on model . 

Yeah there's a reasonable chance at something next week...whether it's just a crap C-2" event or something more significant can't be determined. But I do think we'll have multiple shots starting with 1/31-2/1....and prob going all the way through 2/8ish.

Hopefully one of them is real...I'd enjoy a 2" event more if we already had a good pack....but otherwise give me a warning event.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

But we were still basking in the afterglow of 2014-2015 (well, most of the board was)

For a winter that ranks 4th of 24 for snow, 14-15 was surprisingly frustrating - "Of all sad words of voice or pen, these are the saddest, 'It might have been.'"  We had 3 warned events, Nov 2, Dec 7-9 and Feb 14-15, that each verified at 1/8 (or less) of the forecast ranges' lower end.  Cumulative total of the 3 forecasts was 26-42" and we got 3.3".  Then the late Jan blizzard that promised the grandkids in SNJ a 12-16" dump, up to twice as big as any storm they'd seen, produced 1.5" that was all gone 4 hours after accumulation ended, a 4th "verified at 1/8th".  Meanwhile, the most powerful January storm to hit my residence in my lifetime ended 12 hours before we returned home.  All over but the shoveling.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah there's a reasonable chance at something next week...whether it's just a crap C-2" event or something more significant can't be determined. But I do think we'll have multiple shots starting with 1/31-2/1....and prob going all the way through 2/8ish.

Hopefully one of them is real...I'd enjoy a 2" event more if we already had a good pack....but otherwise give me a warning event.

Just whiten the ground up for more than 36 hours at this point. Give us a week or so with a white scape . Those 50’s coming Sunday will do a number in some places that still have some 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CoastalWx said:

15/16 at least here had a decent Jan and Feb event. It was going into the crapper, until the two events in early April happened. Ended up with a respectable total. I know it was brutal western MA and up into NNE. That's when PF was talking to the mtn Gods alone on the Stowe bike path.

Where is that picture of PF and Will hand in hand in Raindeer sweaters that was 15/16

20230124_112625.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Confused 1

14 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

Just whiten the ground up for more than 36 hours at this point. Give us a week or so with a white scape . Those 50’s coming Sunday will do a number in some places that still have some 

Done with ground whiteners time for some meat that locks up with mega piles

15 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Cheaper, better product, more 0z per visit, in house walk ins. 100% better than Ct

Maine is the best . Many mass friends I know take the trip and load up. Considerably Less money and larger quantities available 

300mg chocolate bars for 45$

or 100mg bars in mass for 23$ plus 18-% tax 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

That’s what made it worse up here, ha.

It does matter though… you get a record winter, the next like three feel like gravy and you take your licks.

2011-12 was like that after 2010-11 too.  Shit winters stomach easier after huge ones.

I dunno man. I agree with you but we had a good amount of whining in 2016 from the 100” in 30 crew. I think big seasons and/or big snowstorms skew younger weenies perspective. Their expectations are raised to unsustainable levels. 

4 hours ago, Baroclinic Zone said:

Damage.  Earthen dam breach in East Bridgewater on Halifax line.  Higher pond is 4' above lower one, so they are now in process of leveling off.  Homes getting flooded.

https://www.wcvb.com/article/east-bridgewater-flooding-robbins-pond/42687128

updated story

https://www.wcvb.com/article/east-bridgewater-flooding-robbins-pond/42687128

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Done with ground whiteners time for some meat that locks up with mega piles

yeah mega piles, i have a pic my wife just pulled up from our first winter in Winsted where we had a pile where our driveway 90s, where most of the snow gets blown and I was standing in front of it and it dwarfed me, and I'm 6-1, easy a 7' pile of yore, ones we used to tunnel into for snowforts as kids, I'll try an upload it

3 hours ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah I'd figure they are close with CEF a little more. I was just curious where the CEF 49.5 came from....they don't have snow obs there since the 1960s.....there's a few coops that are kind of close by, but they aren't the same as first order airport obs.

Good question i sent an email to Western Mass News requesting where that figure came from. If they reply I'll post it.

13 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

yeah mega piles, i have a pic my wife just pulled up from our first winter in Winsted where we had a pile where our driveway 90s, where most of the snow gets blown and I was standing in front of it and it dwarfed me, and I'm 6-1, easy a 7' pile of yore, ones we used to tunnel into for snowforts as kids, I'll try an upload it

15 feet at my old job.

0306151304.jpg

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

I dunno man. I agree with you but we had a good amount of whining in 2016 from the 100” in 30 crew. I think big seasons and/or big snowstorms skew younger weenies perspective. Their expectations are raised to unsustainable levels. 

Maybe, but asking for a season to reach climo shouldn’t be too much to ask. It has been an enormous ask in recent years.

18 minutes ago, WxWatcher007 said:

Of course 

What are we even talking about? :lol: 

I don’t even know anymore lol but I think we set ourselves up by planting our avg flag in the ground each year. each season we think we need to reach it or it’s a failure of a season. But winter in general is a small sample size, we have basically 100 days of it in SNE (give or take) and that’s not a lot in the grand scheme of things. If you take your seasonal snowfall for the last 10 years (1,000 days) and average it out, I bet you’re probably close enough to your 30yr average. I guess my point is asking to hit climo each year is not as an easy ask as we think it is. 

• Like 2