• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 28-29th Baroclinic Rider

Chicago Storm

Looks like Madison and Milwaukee's final totals ended up at 7.3 and 7.9 respectively for this storm. With Madison having a single-day total of 6.4, which is the largest single-day total since 4/17/18 there. That's pretty crazy it's been that long. And there are widespread 9" totals across most of Madison. Definitely our largest single storm in the area since 2019. The last 3 winters were pretty much all nickel and diming. 

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Geoboy645 said:

Looks like Madison and Milwaukee's final totals ended up at 7.3 and 7.9 respectively for this storm. With Madison having a single-day total of 6.4, which is the largest single-day total since 4/17/18 there. That's pretty crazy it's been that long. And there are widespread 9" totals across most of Madison. Definitely our largest single storm in the area since 2019. The last 3 winters were pretty much all nickel and diming. 

Got 6.2” on the north side of town.  Looks like southern Dane county was probably the jackpot zone for this storm.  The rates from about 7PM to 2 AM are what did it 

• Like 2

IMO, Bang up job by NWS Milwaukee/LOT on this one. 

Very tricky forecast and when you look at the published snow maps, forecast verified pretty darn close.  Milwaukee burbs got to their 10 and NW LOT got to 6

Very sharp cut off as advertised for South of 88.  Only caveat may be extreme E/NE LOT underperforming 

img_1_1675009921994.jpg

• Like 4

Measured 4" here. Considering Schaumburg had 4" and unofficial reports of 8" in Woodstock, gradient must have been steep through my area.

15 minutes ago, michsnowfreak said:

I didn't realize snow was that close lol. Forgot to ask, what did you get the 25th?

7.5" nice storm for Canton. Not quite the ARB jackzone, but close enough. Too bad the warmth of the soil has halved the depths around the Metro. Couple above freezing periods not helping either. But, we avoided more snowless brown going into the CAD spell.

Is it just me or do the short term Hi-Res models seem to be picking up on this baroclinic zone sticking around a bit longer with a weak wave hitting parts of the area??  I know suppression is upon us but if it could just stay a little closer some of us could cash in. 

34 minutes ago, RogueWaves said:

7.5" nice storm for Canton. Not quite the ARB jackzone, but close enough. Too bad the warmth of the soil has halved the depths around the Metro. Couple above freezing periods not helping either. But, we avoided more snowless brown going into the CAD spell.

Snow depth here is now between 4 and 5". Extremely dense.  With the cad coming might be a nice time to take a brisk winter walk at a metro park.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Frog Town said:

Is it just me or do the short term Hi-Res models seem to be picking up on this baroclinic zone sticking around a bit longer with a weak wave hitting parts of the area??  I know suppression is upon us but if it could just stay a little closer some of us could cash in. 

A little.  Calling for intermittent light snow here after midnight

2 hours ago, Geoboy645 said:

:axe:

Got 6.2” on the north side of town.  Looks like southern Dane county was probably the jackpot zone for this storm.  The rates from about 7PM to 2 AM are what did it 
Absolutely, I think we were at about 2" before that band set up. I didn't get a chance to take proper measurement here but I would say were right around 7". Definitely exceeded expectations for mby. Bigger totals just south and east of here.

563918f88e3fd9034a6f61f79452c005.jpg
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, IWXwx said:

It looks like cromartie picked up about 6". Kind of interesting that he hasn't posted on this thread recently about how it's going to bust and that a torch is just around the corner. Here is a representation of how his yard looks:

That's how trolls be...

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ChiTownSnow said:

IMO, Bang up job by NWS Milwaukee/LOT on this one. 

Very tricky forecast and when you look at the published snow maps, forecast verified pretty darn close.  Milwaukee burbs got to their 10 and NW LOT got to 6

Very sharp cut off as advertised for South of 88.  Only caveat may be extreme E/NE LOT underperforming 

img_1_1675009921994.jpg

This was the Euro the night before the event... not good.

image.thumb.png.fefa5f01de1212a383887d9b588eb8e4.png