• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 28-29th Baroclinic Rider

Chicago Storm

Huge cotton balls fell for around 30 minutes and now just a nice decent snowfall but smaller flakes.

I'm right on the edge of the WSW that was just issued and this one is looking like a 4 incher for me.

Someone may get lucky if a band sets up over an area and I'm sure there will be a few circles of 8ish somewhere that gets lucky. 

1 hour ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

As they develop over you, they head for me. So keep doing your cloud seeding!

I'm trying lol.  Keeps on firing up overhead.  Def not gonna get as much as just north but it's been pretty entertaining getting these brief moderate bursts.  In between those it's been pretty light, but hasn't completely shut off yet.

6 minutes ago, sbnwx85 said:

HRRR keeps me all freezing rain now. Maybe a tenth of an inch of ice? I’ll be home before it starts thankfully.

Welcome to ice club anonymous.  Well... not so anonymous.  

The Canadian duo (global and regional) is actually fairly bullish on ice amounts in a narrow zone south of us, but they are high outliers at this point.

17z HRRR

zr_acc-imp.us_mw.png

• Like 1

Definitely think LOT will expand the advisory southward with the afternoon package to account for icing.

Temps could be around 28-30 in part of the icing area.  The warm layer aloft is not obnoxiously warm (no 10C or something like that) so raindrop temperatures won't be extremely warm.  This combined with rates that should be mostly light would suggest not much, if any qpf being "wasted"

• Like 1