• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 28-29th Baroclinic Rider

Chicago Storm

February 8-9, 2018 begs to differ on them never panning out for Chicago. Also December 31-January 1, 2014. And December 10-11, 2016. It's the nature of fairly narrow snow bands to miss sometimes. I don't think from experience here that we do worse than elsewhere with these fgen banding events.

• Thanks 2

26 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

February 8-9, 2018 begs to differ on them never panning out for Chicago. Also December 31-January 1, 2014. And December 10-11, 2016. It's the nature of fairly narrow snow bands to miss sometimes. I don't think from experience here that we do worse than elsewhere with these fgen banding events.

Of course that’s not to say that this WILL pan out for Chicagoland, it’s just wrong to say they never do. Still a toss up in my mind 

6 hours ago, mimillman said:

That’s wrong 

give an example in recent memeory...say the past 10 years. I can recall many, including a Christmas eve event slated with a WSW for 8-10". The fronto band parked over the metro for an hour or so put down an inch or two than shifted north over extreme N.IL/ S. Wisconsin. I've seen this happen repeatedly. If your in the band, no question, it's pound town, but have rarely seen these park over the heart of the chicago metro. On the positive side, perhaps, this is how Cary and Mchenry county put to rest the futility streak.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, RCNYILWX said:

i don't recall the 2018 and 2016 events to well. My recollection, on the New Years eve event is memorable but feel that was aided by a good influx of lake moisture. Still, feel the frontogenic events love to settle just north of us. And agreed, it's more a case of remembering,"what could have been, and how close it was." 

06z GFs is a bit south, snow I-80 to WI Border

12z Nam North and a bit more widespread, I-88 well into WI

06z Euro is North and narrow, snow from I-88 to Janesville, WI

Other foreign is I-80ish well into WI

Going to be a real shit show forecast for LOT with these tiny wobbles in track making significant sensible impacts throughout the metro. 

14 minutes ago, SchaumburgStormer said:

06z GFs is a bit south, snow I-80 to WI Border

12z Nam North and a bit more widespread, I-88 well into WI

06z Euro is North and narrow, snow from I-88 to Janesville, WI

Other foreign is I-80ish well into WI

Going to be a real shit show forecast for LOT with these tiny wobbles in track making significant sensible impacts throughout the metro. 

Thanks for the summary. I was wondering where all the model reviews I've come to love to read were at with this system. Still liking my spot in the first two tiers of counties in N IL. 

I just have to chuckle that there was over a week pregame to the Christmas non-event with hundreds of posts and now just two pages of posts thus far on this event that looks to hit in 48 hours.

Everyone jaded/burned waiting for summer? ;-) @A-L-E-Ktossing up the Wammy gives me hope this may be a real one for our area.