• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

Horrific blurry photo getting to my car.... but it is full on mid-winter snowstorm vibes.  As January should be.  Like deform band snow and high wind.  No idea how much is falling but it's whiteout at times when the wind blows.  Huge dendrites.  I think the mountain will get into the 12-15" range.

2L8A6847-1.thumb.jpg.10900bfd46d447c2253ad6d3de2a74af.jpg

• Like 9

27 minutes ago, alex said:

Took a while to get going after the lull following the squalls but snowing very nicely tonight

It drives me nuts. I must be shadowed from the NW. I see so many bands north of me on radar, and even to the mountains to my north from my couch, but it's been flurries. Maybe a 1/4 inch today. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MarkO said:

It drives me nuts. I must be shadowed from the NW. I see so many bands north of me on radar, and even to the mountains to my north from my couch, but it's been flurries. Maybe a 1/4 inch today. 

Yeah that was one of the reasons I chose Bretton Woods over Bartlett/Jackson. I used to stare at the wall of clouds/snow across the valley while we were sunny or get a few stray flurries. I lost on snow retention but I like the persistent, frequent snow. 

• Like 2

Snowfall amounts were slightly over forecast last night, as the initial area of lift was weaker than forecast, which resulted in less substantial snowfall than anticipated before the changeover to rainfall last night. The 2-5" forecast zone over the Berkshires, northern Worcester county hills and southern new Hampshire verified as 1-3". And the 1-3" area to the south verified as a trace to 1".

https://easternmassweather.blogspot.com/2023/01/wednesday-thursday-verification.html

Grade that one a "C"...

WED-THURS FINAL CALL.png

ACTUAL.png

• Like 1

My brother closed on a house Monday. Has sump, but previous owners said no water down there in 10 years.
Well wouldn’t you guess it, they haven’t moved in yet, and him and his fiancé went there this afternoon to paint and there was 8” of water in the basement. What a disaster.

:damage:
I hope he's going back to the realtor to challenge that

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1