Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

29 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

22.7/19  Moderate snow, blowing snow

It is kind of interesting that the temperature still inches down and the dewpoint has dropped from 22 to 19F.  Maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Decision time.  Do I snow blow the couple of inches I have now so it is easier in the morning if it gets sloppy or wait till then?  I think I will wait.  I kind of am envisioning a powdery snow with a top thin sleet and freezing rain glaze vs some heavy rain soaking into a 6-8" pack making snow blowing difficult. 

It means something. We have a bit of a barrier jet going and we’re advecting some of that low level cold in Maine our way. I’m at my low for the day now…25.9° and a steady drop. So we’ll torch aloft over the next few hours, but we’ll hold sleet and eventually ZR for awhile.

I’m waiting to clear the mess. I’m hoping we just crust the surface and hold the snow consistency at the bottom through the duration. 

As the rain/snow line creeps ever close to my backyard, I can hang my hat on the Airport Weather Warning I issued for MHT.

At 2342z, I issued one saying that snow will mix with or change to sleet/freezing rain as early as 02z. The 201z SPECI reported PL. 

Honestly remarkably well modeled and well behaved mixing line. :lol:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Well that was fun. Already light rain at 34. So much for the front-end thump and late-night changeover. Got maybe half an inch of snow.

My official observation will be 0.9" before the flip

44 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

32.2F -ra/pl  

Total of 1.5” today. 
Couldn’t even hit the low end of the forecast snow totals.

The absolute worst part is I have an inch of snow on my driveway, that might not completely wash away.  I guess either go out and clear it now or risk letting it freeze tomorrow night…

Same boat here.  Gonna clear it now rather than let it refreeze.  Not convinced the rain will take care of it for me

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

I just cleared mine in the rain. It might freeze up momentarily but it'll be better in the end.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

Ya’ just came in from doing the cursory clear.   I had to use the shovel because it was already too wet to fire up the blower.

At least I got to add a little more sculpting to the snow piles.  ;)

28 minutes ago, dendrite said:

It means something. We have a bit of a barrier jet going and we’re advecting some of that low level cold in Maine our way. I’m at my low for the day now…25.9° and a steady drop. So we’ll torch aloft over the next few hours, but we’ll hold sleet and eventually ZR for awhile.

I’m waiting to clear the mess. I’m hoping we just crust the surface and hold the snow consistency at the bottom through the duration. 

I am waiting till AM too. Interestingly the strong wind has stopped. No more roar in the trees. Temp and dew still at their lows

We are almost to 3 inches so decided to run the tractor snowblower down the driveway. We have a long driveway on an incline. And we don’t want big chunks of slush tomorrow. The snow is heavy and clumpy so I think the changeover is near so we’re trying to get the 3 inches off the driveway and see what happens next.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

23, mod to hvy snow, 2.5". Gonna really need to pound next 3-4 hrs to hit low end of forecast. 0z NAM products bring the midlayer warmth in faster than 18z. Curious what I find in the morning, but it's deep deep winter out there right now. 

That is usually a lock when shown by the NAM. 

2 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...5 hours ago the CT state trucks were dumping salt as if it their lives depended on it during the one flake per hour storm, knowing well that the rain was coming. Anything to waste money.

There were doing the same here Monday night after the rain had ended and roads were mostly dry-ridiculous

4 minutes ago, Cold Miser said:

...5 hours ago the CT state trucks were dumping salt as if it their lives depended on it during the one flake per hour storm, knowing well that the rain was coming. Anything to waste money.

Ya they were salting the Shelton roads when I was on my way back from my eye exam, which was at like 530 pm lol what a waste