Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

22.7/19  Moderate snow, blowing snow

It is kind of interesting that the temperature still inches down and the dewpoint has dropped from 22 to 19F.  Maybe that doesn't mean anything.

Decision time.  Do I snow blow the couple of inches I have now so it is easier in the morning if it gets sloppy or wait till then?  I think I will wait.  I kind of am envisioning a powdery snow with a top thin sleet and freezing rain glaze vs some heavy rain soaking into a 6-8" pack making snow blowing difficult. 

• Like 1

It is kind of interesting that the temperature still inches down and the dewpoint has dropped from 22 to 19F.  Maybe that doesn't mean anything.
Decision time.  Do I snow blow the couple of inches I have now so it is easier in the morning if it gets sloppy or wait till then?  I think I will wait.  I kind of am envisioning a powdery snow with a top thin sleet and freezing rain glaze vs some heavy rain soaking into a 6-8" pack making snow blowing difficult. 
I'm waiting till 5am

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

We've just had a heavy burst here, but it seems a break is imminent, but then there is another large area of precip just in ENY and Western Mass just about to break over the VT and NH borders.  If that is snow it will get heavy again, but I'm thinking this batch might be the changeover.  I think your low temp means potentially a good bit of freezing rain.  We are considering snowblowing the driveway at about 10 just before bed because we don't want a ton of frozen slush which can't be snowblown..

32.2F -ra/pl  
Total of 1.5” today. 
Couldn’t even hit the low end of the forecast snow totals.
The absolute worst part is I have an inch of snow on my driveway, that might not completely wash away.  I guess either go out and clear it now or risk letting it freeze tomorrow night…
I just cleared mine in the rain. It might freeze up momentarily but it'll be better in the end.

Sent from my SM-A505U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Lava Rock said:

That sucks. I'm too lazy to measure but eyeballing 1.5-2". I'd be surprised we hit 6"

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Yep - always the danger when you're riding the fence in this type of pattern, especially this close to the coast. At least it looks like I wont' be clearing 4+ inches of waterlogged snow from my driveway.