Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

1 hour ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Couldn't even get it to snow today, let alone a coating or anything above 0.1. Best we had was mainly rain with wet snow mixed in at 37F.

Took a drive up the hill in Hamden from 0FT to 650FT. The temperature and sensible weather impact was pretty extreme today going up in elevation. At 0-100FT it was mostly rain with some snow mixed in at 37F. Dropped to 35F at 200-300FT with mostly snow with the roads wet and grass starting to get coated. Temps fell off to 32 above 500FT with heavy snow, roads getting white everything else heavily coated...looked to me about a half inch more or less. 

Took some pics to highlight the change.

Looks like i'll end up with the entire month of January with no measurable snowfall. Probably hasn't happened since the 90s.

Any snowfall reports from CT i will gladly take em.

0.4" here at 220 ft in Southington. 1.4" for the month here, the least snowy January I've personally experienced.

2 minutes ago, tunafish said:

Lol JK.  31.5° with that push and now catpaws and rain.  Fun while it lasted.

It's subtle but you can see it on CC. It's about splitting the peninsula in half, pushing through Chebeague now. 

And on BOX's radar that CC line is steady on the march north. The high is just in a bad position to hold it off. You don't want the ridge axis east of the mountains.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, alex said:

The wind is crazy here too. Feels like an evening at the Mt Washington observatory lol 

13 minutes ago, backedgeapproaching said:

Back of house faces due SE with full exposure.  Spine is only 1/4 mile or less from MBY.  Feels like the windows might blow in...lol

You two are in perfect spots to feel the full low level jet.  850mb becomes the SFC.