Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

Look at HRRR it has this temp dry slot very well modeled then things explode in response to development of SW. I can see 1.5 to 2 in spots

Yeah we’ll see. I can def buy it over SE zones but not sure how far NW those amounts will get. I’m certainly skeptical of some of those 3” amounts we saw from mesos earlier. 

44 minutes ago, OceanStWx said:

Our heaviest precip really shouldn't be until we're approaching midnight, so I'm not too worried about this initial band. If eastern PA isn't lighting up in 2ish hours then we can start sounding the alarms up here.

This is going according to how the models had it, Looks like by 10pm this should be starting to ramp up give or take depending on which model you want to hug.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea maybe se MA does but I’m not expecting more than about 7 or 8 tenths looking at things. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was closer to a half inch….though there will be some convective elements in there so you can still get some decent amounts. 

To me that would also mean less wind and less penetration inland of big warmth .

1 minute ago, Damage In Tolland said:

To me that would also mean less wind and less penetration inland of big warmth .

Guidance has trended less CAD today so not sure it’s going to stay below 40F over interior…maybe up by rt 2 back to N Berkshires. This whole system just trended more influence from the primary….which is part of the reason the forcing in the snow portion of this sucks so bad. We wanted more fording further east. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yea maybe se MA does but I’m not expecting more than about 7 or 8 tenths looking at things. Wouldn’t be shocked if it was closer to a half inch….though there will be some convective elements in there so you can still get some decent amounts. 

More thunder and lighting down here? At least it looked nice for 20 minutes...

20230125_171713.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

It def looks a bit worse to me than guidance earlier today had it. Might not make a huge difference up there but the dryslot never looked this big until we were really close in. 

The start up for here had been looking showery at best until late evening in that regard, It does look on schedule, But the area for here to watch was mentioned by Chris, In NJ/NE PA, And that's where the models really was hitting the ramp up in QPF, That's my focus later plus the upstream obs.