Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

1 minute ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Steady snow temp drop to 35.9. I think it was a good call for some towns in interior SWCT to let out. Roads may become slick from 330-430 when buses let out. 

My oldest has an art class @430 in Monroe, might be a bit dicey around that time I suspect. Snow has just started here, 38.7/27...suspect we bottom out at 34ish

6 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

My oldest has an art class @430 in Monroe, might be a bit dicey around that time I suspect. Snow has just started here, 38.7/27...suspect we bottom out at 34ish

Hopefully you can pull something other than a coating. Cstl CT porked, but you guys just inland might get some. 

4 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Steady snow temp drop to 35.9. I think it was a good call for some towns in interior SWCT to let out. Roads may become slick from 330-430 when buses let out. 

But

Wind: SE 9

I would never get out early for something like this. Not even close. There's better than even odds the roads are just wet in SW CT. 

The high sensitivity to this stuff assumes every parent has a full time remote job. Must be really tough for the families who don't. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

But

I would never get out early for something like this. Not even close. There's better than even odds the roads are just wet in SW CT. 

The high sensitivity to this stuff assumes every parent has a full time remote job. Must be really tough for the families who don't. 

It’s sticking on roads in SE NY just west of ct so it’ll stick here.. there’s a lot of elevation around here relatively speaking to the surrounding valleys 

1B04A553-9E2A-48AC-9A0B-D182E2D85F54.jpeg

4 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

But

Still thinking 1" DAW?

25 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Either this is one of those ordeals where the radar never looks appealing yet you still get a lot of precipitation "some how,"  or ...  we are not gettng a lot of precipitation out this ordeal.

I'm looking at the national rad loop and this thing is 1.5 hours and your done.   The entire OV is opened up in a dry slot and the front side of this is rocketing through NE PA at like 50 mph and the whole QPF band is barely 70 mile in width.  

SO, ...I guess it's going to be interesting to see this system suddenly blossom all the QPF the models have raging through here.   

although I'm noticing a tendency to fill in the empty gaps up this way, and noticing the stuff building in Jersey and SEPA that is on a trajectory to be up here.  Personally I'm happy we are getting some during the day.  steady light snow here and 30, with a coating so far.