• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

what an absolute fail by districts letting kids out early, nary a flake in some parts, had a quick shower of sugar up by Westfield earlier, now home with dim sun, perhaps by the time school let's out there will be a flake...man, hate to sound like a boomer, but we used to walk to school both ways uphill, while it was snowing and plows were going by...btw, it was literally uphill both ways, hill in the middle, and it was .8 miles from my house to school, now I think under.2 miles they have to bus

• Weenie 1

30 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Reading reports that they got a bit of wet snowflakes in mid town which quickly turned to rain. 

our winter in a nutshell.....a chilly 39/25 here, wonder how much we can snow and melt with no accumulations here. We did hours of snow with only a trace a couple days ago and it was colder then.

4 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

what an absolute fail by districts letting kids out early, nary a flake in some parts, had a quick shower of sugar up by Westfield earlier, now home with dim sun, perhaps by the time school let's out there will be a flake...man, hate to sound like a boomer, but we used to walk to school both ways uphill, while it was snowing and plows were going by...btw, it was literally uphill both ways, hill in the middle, and it was .8 miles from my house to school, now I think under.2 miles they have to bus

many decisions are based not on what will likely happen but emotions and oh goodness we messed up Monday , let’s mess up again 

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Sey-Mour Snow said:

Reading reports that they got a bit of wet snowflakes in mid town which quickly turned to rain. 

Highly doubt it. Snowing in some places but temp is still 36-37 degrees. Colder spots in NYC do seem to be all snow now. Here in LI jackpot land it’s rain with a few flakes mixed in. If there is some slush for a bit in Central Park odds are it won’t even be measured. 

11 minutes ago, tavwtby said:

Problem is those kids grew up and drive like absolute maniacs in our state today…and would strike a kid down and keep going like nothing happened based on some of these recent news stories and traffic statistics. 

It sucks to have kids lose class time, but timing is tricky when it comes to a thump I guess. 

Either this is one of those ordeals where the radar never looks appealing yet you still get a lot of precipitation "some how,"  or ...  we are not gettng a lot of precipitation out this ordeal.

I'm looking at the national rad loop and this thing is 1.5 hours and your done.   The entire OV is opened up in a dry slot and the front side of this is rocketing through NE PA at like 50 mph and the whole QPF band is barely 70 mile in width.  

SO, ...I guess it's going to be interesting to see this system suddenly blossom all the QPF the models have raging through here.   

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

Either this is one of those ordeals where the radar never looks appealing yet you still get a lot of precipitation "some how,"  or ...  we are not gettng a lot of precipitation out this ordeal.

I'm looking at the national rad loop and this thing is 1.5 hours and your done.   The entire OV is opened up in a dry slot and the front side of this is rocketing through NE PA at like 50 mph and the whole QPF band is barely 70 mile in width.  

SO, ...I guess it's going to be interesting to see this system suddenly blossom all the QPF the models have raging through here.   

Yup