• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

NWS has 2 to 4 here with an advisory. Sort of surprised, timing could be an issue I guess, err on the side of caution. 27/23 right now, expecting 1, maybe 2. Biggest storm of the year is 2.7", can we beat it? All will be washed away by the morning, but will be nice to at least see some snow, for a couple of hours....

3 hours ago, dendrite said:

Trending the wrong way here. Leaning 4-6” now

3 hours ago, Ginx snewx said:

Rains to Maine ugly

2 hours ago, STILL N OF PIKE said:

Gyx- takin em down

2 hours ago, Lava Rock said:

We'll survive

Sent from my SM-G981U1 using Tapatalk

Has this changed a lot from yesterday?

image.thumb.png.9e944594a5c1775d591623290dc4b741.png

17 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

Schools early dismissal. WTF!

Surprised to see that down there....timing could be pretty bad for schools if we get a quick 1 to 2 with buses on the road. Probably better safe than sorry. Here on January 25th, it is like the first snow of the season and I am sure the roads are going to be a disaster, always are with the first one...

1 minute ago, Spanks45 said:

Surprised to see that down there....timing could be pretty bad for schools if we get a quick 1 to 2 with buses on the road. Probably better safe than sorry. Here on January 25th, it is like the first snow of the season and I am sure the roads are going to be a disaster, always are with the first one...

I have a feeling they are being over cautious given that they have not had to use any this year to date.

Looking at the radar this morning compared to Monday, we can really see the difference, and why this storm is for farther into NNE than Monday.  The primary is further west and well developed.  Detroit is getting a pretty big storm.  The coastal isn't really popping yet and the moisture is more inland from the coast; on Monday there was  blob of moisture way down south along and off the coast, and you could see how that was going to develop soon enough to slow down warm air intrusion

One thing that does give me optimism for a thump is the radar, which looks juicy with snow pretty far south.  The first band looks strong and ahead of schedule.  6-8" for here this evening, some freezing rain and then a slot is the best outcome, and a possibility.  We don't warm a lot at the surface and the pack is hardened.  Incidentally very little compaction this morning.  ON my morning walk across the field and into the woods, the depth felt the same as yesterday morning.  Looking at the long range, we might approach a really deep snowpack by Feb 10.

• Like 2