• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

funny how they are all over the place with totals, I thought a few years ago the three offices that service SNE were going to put out one map? nevertheless, I'd lean more towards that BOX map than the ALY one having me with warning criteria snow, even though they have a watch 8 miles from my house, thought at least a wwa would be hoisted for tomorrow, still hoping be think we're just a little south for this one too

StormTotalSnow.jpg

3 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Pack will be pushing 30" after that. Nice way to run a torch winter.

Ha, What a quick turn of events, This pack will also get solidified, My concerns are going to be with power outages, For some its the same areas that were affected yesterday, York county here took a big hit and now this is going to be more widespread as the areas that saw fluff yesterday are going to see wet snow this go round onto trees that already are loaded with yesterdays once you have the changeover.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Ha, What a quick turn of events, This pack will also get solidified, My concerns are going to be with power outages, For some its the same areas that were affected yesterday, York county here took a big hit and now this is going to be more widespread as the areas that saw fluff yesterday are going to see wet snow this go round onto trees that already are loaded with yesterdays once you have the changeover.

Yeah we need to get the snow melted off the trees today or some evergreens are coming down. I think we'll be okay back this way. A decent front end of snow and then near the dryslot when the mixing approaches.

• Like 2

Just now, Slantstick2001 said:

Ya, big problem all over interior Roc and Straf county. Limbs and trees down and many ready to come down. It trees are still caked tomorrow going into this storm it will be ugly. Been on generator for 28hrs now....

Yeah when I lost power briefly yesterday I checked the NHEC outage map and saw how that area was a shitshow. Hopefully they get everyone back up before tomorrow night. 

37 minutes ago, dendrite said:

Yeah we need to get the snow melted off the trees today or some evergreens are coming down. I think we'll be okay back this way. A decent front end of snow and then near the dryslot when the mixing approaches.

Trees and limbs down all over.. if this doesn't melt today it's going to be bad

• Like 1
  • Weenie 1

45 minutes ago, dendrite said:

I forgot to measure it this morning to see the compaction. It was 21" last night.

Seem to be very little compaction this morning. Lots of attention from the last storm so I was walking across the field and 18 to 20 inches of snow and there might’ve been 22 and some parts of the woods.  Should’ve put on my snow shoes. I’ll send a pic later of the dog hopping through. It was funny.

20 minutes ago, ineedsnow said:

Trees and limbs down all over.. if this doesn't melt today it's going to be bad

For the last 2 storms I used the handle(2-3 pieces) from a roof snow rake and a broom to remove snow from trees and bushes. It took a while, but it is better than having to have to pay to have a downed tree(s) removed.

Another idea is to tape and/or use zip ties to attach a car snow brush to a long piece of wood.

Not replying to any particular post - haven't been through this thread.  It's pretty clear this is 4 ..5" of IB snow followed by misty light rain matting for the interior SNE ... Obviously this would mean less snow SW and more N, duh. 

The NAM may cut a mutilated warm sector across SE zones briefly, but I don't believe the 42 isotherm gets much farther NW ORH -BED when noticing all guidance bends the PP around an inflection point over Boston.  W-N of that general vicinity doesn't sector.