Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 25 2023 Three-fer fer some...

HoarfrostHubb

2 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

Congrats.  My p/c has 3-5.  I'll run with that.  Looks like PIT2 scored just under a foot yesterday on top of the 7-9(?) earlier and the up to 7" forecast for tomorrow.  I'm sure your totals are even better.

My totals were 6" on the 20th and 15" yesterday, And  8-12" on the P/C forecast, We will have to wait and see how it plays out for this one, Some of these models are torching here sooner, Want to see a few more cycles to see if they pick up on the CAD like they do inside 48hrs or so.

34 minutes ago, dryslot said:

My totals were 6" on the 20th and 15" yesterday, And  8-12" on the P/C forecast, We will have to wait and see how it plays out for this one, Some of these models are torching here sooner, Want to see a few more cycles to see if they pick up on the CAD like they do inside 48hrs or so.

fantastic.  might be up there this weekend--it's not quite the same seeing it down without watching it fall

But great to see a pack finally in any case.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, TalcottWx said:

Didn't realize you were so close to me, what is your altitude?

Right about 350, if I continue up my road to the top of the hill the subdivision on the top is about 850’ I think, usually a different world like yesterday there was nothing at my house and 1” up there on everything 

19 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Some models aren’t as thumpy as others. That’s probably the difference of like 1” vs 3”+. 

This is we were referring to . This is not elevational. I would slice the state in half diagonally and go 1-3” southern half and 2-5” north.. with the 4-5” amounts most likely NW of Hartford. 

Seems like the main issue with this storm, at least up here, is logistical.  There was a lot of blowing snow last night so the driveway needs to be snowblown again.  That is a long process because it is a long open driveway.  Then we get the dump from probably 5p-midnight?  6-10 inches fast?  Then on top of that, in the middle of the night, sleet and then rain.  Then everything freezes hard Thursday late afternoon evening.  Seems we have to hope most of the snow is done early enough to snowblow it away before the rain comes and then it freezes into chunks.  It is hard to remove slush with a snow blower.  Any sense of how much rain we are getting in different parts of the region?  Maybe we drizzle and slot at least in some places?

In the end we should have a bullet proof pack compressed to 15-20 inches, fields to forest.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Seems like the main issue with this storm, at least up here, is logistical.  There was a lot of blowing snow last night so the driveway needs to be snowblown again.  That is a long process because it is a long open driveway.  Then we get the dump from probably 5p-midnight?  6-10 inches fast?  Then on top of that, in the middle of the night, sleet and then rain.  Then everything freezes hard Thursday late afternoon evening.  Seems we have to hope most of the snow is done early enough to snowblow it away before the rain comes and then it freezes into chunks.  It is hard to remove slush with a snow blower.  Any sense of how much rain we are getting in different parts of the region?  Maybe we drizzle and slot at least in some places?

In the end we should have a bullet proof pack compressed to 15-20 inches, fields to forest.

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the changeover here will happen at around 3:00 AM, so by the time I get up it's going to be a colossal mess. My P&C shows 5-9" of snow followed by over an inch of rain, and then the deep freeze. 

1 minute ago, PWMan said:

I was thinking the same thing. Looks like the changeover here will happen at around 3:00 AM, so by the time I get up it's going to be a colossal mess. My P&C shows 5-9" of snow followed by over an inch of rain, and then the deep freeze. 

wow and inch of rain!  Was looking at WPC qpf and seems like about 1.2 here, and about the same for you.  That would seem to translate to more like .25 rain for me and perhaps .3-.5 for you?

Day 9 image not available

8 minutes ago, PWMan said:

Ouch, didn't know we were in for that much or is that total qpf?