Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January/February Mid/Long Range Disco IV: A New Hope

stormtracker

5 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah I'd pretty much bet the table against suppression. So this either hits us flush or cuts--a GFS would be befuddling after all the SE ridge this season

If the other two global were on board with this suppressed look I would be happy but that cmc is just too much like what we have been seeing all this season.

31 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Not a bad place to be a week out on an op run considering the winter tendencies.

1675371600-i60owckqtcY.png

Just to play devils advocate here....but this is very different in that we have a displaced TPV and cold air pressing as the SJ wave rolls along so can we really say this is coming North 100%? I see what you are saying, believe me I do....but this setup is uncharted territory for this year and if the ens individuals weren't showing a decent clustering sliding under us I would be more inclined to side with y'all here. As you were....

12 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Yeah I'd pretty much bet the table against suppression. So this either hits us flush or cuts--a GFS would be befuddling after all the SE ridge this season

See my other post. Gotta stop with the "no way this can be suppressed" talk. All options on the table still but nothing set in stone. Could cut or could slide...we just can't know (sorry to borrow your line @CAPE)

• Like 3

13 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

See my other post. Gotta stop with the "no way this can be suppressed" talk. All options on the table still but nothing set in stone. Could cut or could slide...we just can't know (sorry to borrow your line @CAPE)

Yeah you right...it's very early. So I'll just say suppression would be befuddling--because that SE ridge would have to be flattened even further down to an extent we haven't seen this year, right? But again, anything is possible at this range and it's not a good idea to take anything off the table. Got suspicions, but no certainties.

So...I've seen the overnight and morning guidance, I've looked at the points being made on both sides...and I've seen the data and indicators that I think are actually important here...

who want's my honest assessment of the current threat window and who would rather just not know.  I'll put it to a vote....

Hearts=YES

Weenies=No 

ETA: voting closes at 1pm 

• Like 23
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4
  • Weenie 1

39 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Just to play devils advocate here....but this is very different in that we have a displaced TPV and cold air pressing as the SJ wave rolls along so can we really say this is coming North 100%? I see what you are saying, believe me I do....but this setup is uncharted territory for this year and if the ens individuals weren't showing a decent clustering sliding under us I would be more inclined to side with y'all here. As you were....

I would bet yes emphatically  this entire set up is further north in a few days. I know you know this but models seem to overdue the cold push from distance.  

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

So...I've seen the overnight and morning guidance, I've looked at the points being made on both sides...and I've seen the data and indicators that I think are actually important here...

who want's my honest assessment of the current threat window and who would rather just not know.  I'll put it to a vote....

Hearts=YES

Weenies=No 

No frosted poop emoji anymore!

But seriously, I can take a wild guess that you're not overly enthused about the upcoming window (such as it is), and I honestly couldn't blame you if that's truly how you feel.  It has been frustrating, and we can only hope that one of these will actually work!

(I suspect you're getting ready to throw the book at us!)

35 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I'd rather have it under 120 hours so we have a clearer picture of the camps presented, but that's just me. The whole "it's right where we want it" thing is a weenie fallacy tbh. 

I don't think the north trend is weenie fallacy lol. We've seen southern VA/NC  hits a week out turn into hits for our area many of times over the years. Ussually there's incremental shifts north the last 48 hours. 

I can't remember 1 time when it looked like a  Pittsburgh hit 4 days out that ended up trending into a hit for us.

I remember plenty of central VA hits 4 days out that turned into PSU land bullseye at game time.

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic