Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 25, 2023 Front End Frozen Chance

WxUSAF

18 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

33 in Smithsburg 

Dew of 21 so should be able to get the temp to drop a little with onset of precip 

Same obs here as well.  Maybe it is just wishful thinking but with the look of radar and current dryish air I am feeling a bit more confident in something other than a slushy coating.  I guess we will know in the next couple of hours.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, TSSN+ said:

Sounds good enough for quick burst at least. But guess we will see. Looks like some pretty heavy echos moving this way. 

You're right, I shouldn't be so pessimistic. I think I could still see a small window of snow even if it melts on contact. 

30 minutes ago, North Balti Zen said:

How far north would I hypothetically have to go to actually see some snow? North of York? All the way to Harrisburg?

I think we could still see some snow falling, though it will just be slush. I think Harrisburg and further north will have the higher chances for actual accumulation. 

see CTP's map

https://www.weather.gov/ctp/winter

8 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

LOL. This trainwreck has been unpinned. Fitting. It is lightly snowing here though. 

This ‘trainwreck’ is much appreciated, though. Lol. First time I have seen accumulating snow (rather than accumulating sleet) this winter.  It also gives my family of four a much needed break from the daily routine and school since my wife and I are both teachers.  Time to get the wood stove roaring and watch light snow falling from the sky.

• Like 5

37 minutes ago, mappy said:

You're right, I shouldn't be so pessimistic. I think I could still see a small window of snow even if it melts on contact. 

I think we could still see some snow falling, though it will just be slush. I think Harrisburg and further north will have the higher chances for actual accumulation. 

see CTP's map

https://www.weather.gov/ctp/winter

Much appreciated friend. Trying to figure out if I can make a run just to see some snow fall and stick for a bit. Would be nice to see that can still be a thing. 

• Like 1

• WxUSAF pinned this topic
  • WxUSAF unpinned this topic