Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 23rd Storm Threat: keeping positive vibes, ending chances of futility

TalcottWx

53 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

I don’t think we’re getting an inland track.  The problem is no high to hold cold in for long even with a coastal track

I don’t think it’s going to be a cutter, but in my opinion there will be a low right over my noggin, not offshore. If the low is offshore I’m not buying that it won’t be cold enough, not in late January. It isn’t even that warm right now, 28 in Boston. 

• Weenie 1

3 minutes ago, 78Blizzard said:

I wasn't talking about your backyard in CNE.

Even my area normally does well with lows over the cape in mid winter. A couple of those big Jan blizzards in 2011 went over the cape, and I believe even the blizzard of 78 did. Hell, even in late winter it’s possible to get big snows without an optimal track. In March 2017 the low went west of my area and I still got about 10 inches of snow before changing over to sleet and then rain.

7 minutes ago, George001 said:

Even my area normally does well with lows over the cape in mid winter. A couple of those big Jan blizzards in 2011 went over the cape, and I believe even the blizzard of 78 did. Hell, even in late winter it’s possible to get big snows without an optimal track. In March 2017 the low went west of my area and I still got about 10 inches of snow before changing over to sleet and then rain.

Blizz of 78 didn't go over the cape

• Like 2

3 hours ago, George001 said:

'78 remained offshore, never even grazed Nantucket. '78 was an in-between the Benchmark and Nantucket Island track headed in an east/northeasterly direction.

Satellite-7-Feb-1978.jpg?resize=474%2C429

• Like 3

He radiates. Lowel COOP has a normal min of 15° today. Point is it’s near normal. Just another indicator of how pathetic this winter has been… when a near normal low feels frigid. lol

Got down to 12.6° here. CON 9°. Still haven’t been below 9° yet here. So weird.