• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The Appetizer: Light Snow general 1-2 " event 1/22-1/23

Baum

Had forgotten to respond to @Hoosier a few nights ago about snow expectations for this mini event. I felt despite the guidance poorly handling things amidst a general downtick in QPF and snow that a corridor of 1-2" still looked good in northern IL and at the time favored north vs. south.

Honestly had lost some confidence in the forecast and felt that localized 3" amounts were probably not happening anymore, but sure enough we had some 2"+ reports out in the northwest CWA and it looks like ORD will have over 1" for this event since they had 0.9" at 12z. RFD already had 1.3" so they should end up over 1.5" and may make a run to near 2".

Also, it appeared at the time that some areas would have a dusting/coating at most, which looks to have been the case from the south suburbs and south and northwest Indiana. Tough forecast since the guidance struggled handling this one - the GEM and RGEM and HRDPS seemed to do probably best overall.

Sent from my SM-G998U using Tapatalk

14 minutes ago, RCNYILWX said:

Had forgotten to respond to @Hoosier a few nights ago about snow expectations for this mini event. I felt despite the guidance poorly handling things amidst a general downtick in QPF and snow that a corridor of 1-2" still looked good in northern IL and at the time favored north vs. south.

Honestly had lost some confidence in the forecast and felt that localized 3" amounts were probably not happening anymore, but sure enough we had some 2"+ reports out in the northwest CWA and it looks like ORD will have over 1" for this event since they had 0.9" at 12z. RFD already had 1.3" so they should end up over 1.5" and may make a run to near 2".

Also, it appeared at the time that some areas would have a dusting/coating at most, which looks to have been the case from the south suburbs and south and northwest Indiana. Tough forecast since the guidance struggled handling this one - the GEM and RGEM and HRDPS seemed to do probably best overall.

Interesting will like to see some NW totals. 

4 hours ago, RCNYILWX said:

Yep, got screwed here.  

Cincinnati suburbs forecast: 1-2"
Ryan Hall: Nah, you're wrong, it's going to be more like 3-6".
Actual snowfall: 5" and counting.
Normal people: Ew, snow. What is this?!?!?!
Me: OH GOD YES!!!!!!!!

It's a gooooood day to be a believer in snowfall! If the Bengals win, it'll be a perfect day for me. If this is an appetizer to the storm next week, I'll have hit the jackpot!

• Like 5