Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January 22nd Winter storm threat

clskinsfan

2 minutes ago, Jrlg1181 said:

Yeah , I'm up to .65 inches of icy mix for the season so far over Waynesboro way.....

I live NW of Churchville (outside of Staunton- so about 35 minutes to your NW) and have had about 1.5" of sleet/snow this year lol.  Had about an inch from the 12/15 storm.  Last time I saw snow without rain or sleet mixing in was 11/17 and 11/18 when it was flurries.  Hope it gets better soon.  2020 was a pitiful winter, but at least we eked out 3 snowstorms for a measly 7".

• Like 1

This is one of the worst storm threads ever.  We all know it's an abomination.  It's gonna snow at tug hill....maybe.  There's some "The Art of War" saying about how you can wish the weather 6 ways to Sunday but you have to deal with reality, our reality is that my petunias are already growing and it's only late January.   

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Fair enough. But that’s still REALLY far NW of the cities and I wouldn’t use the 12k over 3k in any situation but especially not when thermal resolution is important. 

It was the first thing out. But ya everything else looks like a pile o crap 

4 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

But missed in all this, the icon was right about the lack of early phasing and resultant coastal track v cutter. This is teaching over Norfolk and east of OC. Gfs was way off on track. It just didn’t matter because it’s too warm. Nothing mattered in reality this just didn’t have a chance. 

I mean the GFS has been utter ass all winter. Just like this abomination of a thread I created. So yeah.

• Haha 1