Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Midwest/Ohio Valley/Great Lakes Snow January 24-26

Baum

27 minutes ago, StormChaser4Life said:

Where did that one end up? I lost track after so many GHD storms. Lol

SE and weak. There were a couple of doomsday runs (similar to the pre Christmas storm iirc) before it quickly went back to being a decent -but not insanely historic- snowstorm. 

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, michsnowfreak said:

Gfs ensembles seem SE of their op

They are. 12z hi res euro is pretty much in line with its ensembles. Gfs ensembles are south of its control run and the Canadian is also south of its control run. Central Indiana and Northern Indiana look good right now in this point in the game for a nice hit.

13 hours ago, Stevo6899 said:

Like I stated in the banter thread, I'd like where I'm sitting if I was in Chicago, west Michigan. Buffer for intensification.

I hate where I'm sitting. In a JAN that's acting more like a NOV, fears of UHI screwing me are legit. This thing surges too strong and it's going to push a ton of warmth up with it. I can see most of my qpf wasted on liquid yet again. Talk me out it, lol

27 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

SE and weak. There were a couple of doomsday runs (similar to the pre Christmas storm iirc) before it quickly went back to being a decent -but not insanely historic- snowstorm. 

Hey that’s my biggest storm in the last 10 years you are talking about! Now apologize 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Malacka11 said:

How bout you call up GHD 3 and ask it to apologize for dropping jack shit in my back yard

just looking those amounts it should have been called "GHD Mini Me"...if you were in the original ..you know. Even GHD ll  was not close IMO as far as a snowstorm event.

• Like 1

Just now, Baum said:

just looking those amounts it should have been called "GHD Mini Me"...if you were in the original ..you know. Even GHD ll  was not close IMO as far as a snowstorm event.

Factual, I think around here GHD II came very close in terms of total snowfall but the duration was longer and the winds were much less extreme. I remember parts of GHD vividly -true core memories- like no other snowstorm despite it being the earliest big storm I can remember.

14 minutes ago, Chicago Storm said:

The guy that always complains that PIA is getting missed forgets a top 5 snowstorm in PIA over the last 10 years.

Haha. Cuz I'm more use to disappointment than snowstorms panning out. PTSD. Also there's too many damn GHD day storms to remember. Lol. As much as I want to hope it ends up as nw as gem and gfs I'm not getting my hopes up because a more se like euro also is just as plausible. All comes down to the phasing.