• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Genug Shoyn Mit warm and brown! Is Jan 19-20 a storm to shift the vibe?

mahk_webstah

On 1/20/2023 at 6:28 AM, Winging_it said:

Cool! Seems like you're in a jackpot area for part 1. You're close to 1K elevation, right?

I managed to get 3 1/2" here in the lowlands of Townsend. Hoping for at least 2" today in part 2.

I’m at around 780’ and did well in the mid Dec storm (10”) and 9” yesterday.

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, masonwoods said:

I’m at around 780’ and did well in the mid Dec storm (10”) and 9” yesterday.

I'm only 10 miles SE and less than 500' lower than you and received only 1.75" on 12/16 - one of the more extreme elevation-dependent storms I've experienced. Received 5.5" yesterday. You're in a good spot to cash in on easterly events.

• Like 1

Thick clouds all day so far has kind of led to a low grade temp bust. Was expecting the snow to be wiped out quickly but we’ve hovered around freezing so it still looks nice out there. You take the small victories in a winter like this

07AC38E6-29ED-4E6E-B939-D0DAA963E738.jpeg

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Thick clouds all day so far has kind of led to a low grade temp bust. Was expecting the snow to be wiped out quickly but we’ve hovered around freezing so it still looks nice out there. You take the small victories in a winter like this

07AC38E6-29ED-4E6E-B939-D0DAA963E738.jpeg

I’m in Hanover and they must have gotten CJd a bit and probably have over 1”. Snow caked on trees. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Yeah N CT got mostly skunked but that inch line prob got down a bit south of the pike…at least in some areas. 

I would rather err on that side of things with respect to the evaluation, than claiming I was more accurate than I really was. Its nauseating when people do that.

When all was said and done, about 5.5-6" here but not more than 4.5" on the ground (compaction?). Drove to Southbridge today. The snow remained pretty constant from here to Shrewsbury center, then dropped fast as I went down 290 to Worcester. The center of the city didn't have more than an inch on the ground. The area I used to live in near Green Hill had maybe 2".  On Rte 20, there might have been a couple of inches on the ground in Charlton, but when I got to Southbridge, it was less than a half inch, and most of it disappeared before I left. Temps were colder than I expected when I got back to Clinton. I was anticipating mid to upper thirties, but when I got home just after 3 PM,  it was only 28 in my neighborhood. No melting here today.  Pictures are from Wachusett Reservoir ad don't do justice to the actual scene (lousy phone camera).

20230121_105025.jpg

Wachesett Snow on Water 1.jpg

• Like 1