Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Jan 19-20: Hoosier is not allowed to start this thread

mimillman

1 hour ago, Chicago Storm said:

A lot of changing precip types here at ORD this evening...

Since precip began, the sequence has been... -RA, -RAPL, -RA, -RASN and then back to -RA.

Continued on to a flip over to full on PL, and then back to RA. That should be the end of the transitioning for tonight.

4 hours ago, mimillman said:

Personally I’d rather live in Chicago with 4.7” of snow this season than live in Nebraska getting 12-18” this system.

But that’s just me.

No offense to those of you who live in Nebraska.

Actively preparing to move back to IL from here in eastern Nebraska, I get it

1 minute ago, weatherbo said:

Snow just starting here.  15-17" by 1 am looks good.  Have a commitment down in Negaunee for a portion of today.  My trek home this afternoon will be interesting.

I love when you stop in and just casually drop your 12-18” totals like it’s nothing, meanwhile we are analyzing models to see who gets a 1-2” thump.

Someday I’d love to experience a snowstorm in bo land or @BuffaloWeather

53 minutes ago, weatherbo said:

Snow just starting here.  15-17" by 1 am looks good.  Have a commitment down in Negaunee for a portion of today.  My trek home this afternoon will be interesting.

Can you approximate how much of that is synoptic vs les?

1 hour ago, OrdIowPitMsp said:

Airport recorded 1.2” as of 6am, but most reports nearby are ~2” including 2.5” at the NWS office. Very small flakes didn’t lead to the productive rates that some of the models had honed in on. Should get an additional 1-2” throughout the day. 

Obviously Minneapolis has nothing to complain about but it's kind of a bummer how this system and snow bands shit the bed once it get out of the NE.  I wish I was more advanced in meteorology to understand why this system fell apart/occluded so quickly. 

48 minutes ago, Stevo6899 said:

Obviously Minneapolis has nothing to complain about but it's kind of a bummer how this system and snow bands shit the bed once it get out of the NE.  I wish I was more advanced in meteorology to understand why this system fell apart/occluded so quickly. 

Minneapolis was always on the far NW fringe of the snow shield for this system. The SE metro will finish around 6” Im guessing. There were numerous 4” reports coming in from that area while up in the city by the airport totals were still around 2” 

Nebraska deserved this one. They were due

6 hours ago, Chambana said:

I love when you stop in and just casually drop your 12-18” totals like it’s nothing, meanwhile we are analyzing models to see who gets a 1-2” thump.

Someday I’d love to experience a snowstorm in bo land or @BuffaloWeather

This season has been nuts. 3 big LES storms and then after that the little synoptic events have been 1-3" type stuff. I'm almost at 160" on the year. Big storms are my thing so I live in a good location for it. 

• Thanks 1