Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 15-16 2023 Storm Potential

Baroclinic Zone

12 minutes ago, dryslot said:

Pretty meh so far, .25" of snow/sleet with some ice, Looks like we were in between bands most of the nights but we have a slug backing in again.

Not sure how much of that is going to be snow. It's warmer to the east, GYX had a 776 mb temp of -1.2 C, so not a lot of wiggle room.

Just now, donsutherland1 said:

image.png.7d9c8e300ad9cb855079ad595c15ebf7.png

Not surprised about a couple of those Cape totals, which occurred a few miles inland from the water. My locale fought the ocean most of the storm, but I was lucky to get over an inch.  If you drove a 1/2 mile/1mile  closer to the shore from where I live..there was basically nothing on the ground. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

Not surprised about a couple of those Cape totals, which occurred a few miles inland from the water. My locale fought the ocean most of the storm, but I was lucky to get over an inch.  If you drove a 1/2 mile/1mile  closer to the shore from where I live..there was basically nothing on the ground. 

I saw the struggle for snow in some of the areas. Hyannis stayed above freezing. Provincetown was mostly rain.

Serious question Steve…for my family (basically my household, mother in law and son’s gf) I told them I expected maybe a coating.   The Euro was somewhat inconsistent with that band.  Not that I expected it to be in one place on modeling.  

What would you have forecast for my area out through Pete?

• Weenie 1