Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 15-16 2023 Storm Potential

Baroclinic Zone

6 minutes ago, SouthCoastMA said:

It's pretty much all snow at this point and blowing around like crazy. starting to stick as well , though not a ton yet

Once those big dog echoes hit, it should start sticking much faster I think. 

EFE7AD5B-D7A0-465A-ADEF-730988B31919.gif

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I think upper cape and PYM county are starting to look pretty good on this. Nowcast for sure but those are some big echoes moving west. 

DGZ is a little high, and not always fully saturated on the forecast soundings, but otherwise there are several periods today where the max omega is forecast to be right in the heart of the DGZ. Should be good for at least a couple nice bursts.

I could see the advisory expanding southwest towards EWB.

• Like 1

Enjoy what you can even if it's an imperfect storm! Looks like a TROWAL to me - notoriously difficult to model. Full sunshine out my window for the first time in what feels like weeks... but your storm looks exciting AF to me.

BOX snow map looks reasonable. Low low expectations leading in makes whatever happens more fun. Bust potential for sure. Funny how we miss the threats hiding in plain sight while we look for something more archetypal.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Dew is tanking here...34/7. Would be nice to wake up tomorrow to some white but not buying 4 inches on the Euro.

Yeah mine keeps dropping. Down to near 20. I’m just having a hard time seeing this stuff getting much past PYM. Still looks a little too banded for my liking despite the bright banding.

3 minutes ago, rimetree said:

Dew is tanking here...34/7. Would be nice to wake up tomorrow to some white but not buying 4 inches on the Euro.

I would consider it a win if you can coat the ground. Euro snow depth change is like 2 inches, which is about as high as I would be willing to go.