• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
January Mid/Long Range Disco 3: The great recovery or shut the blinds?

psuhoffman

29 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

I see the Feb 2-4 Roger Smith storm is still alive and well on the GFS.

If this dude nails our only snow event of the season due to planetary alignments and solar waves I will be convinced he is an alien from another universe. Seriously, he does this like once every year months in advance.

8FEE6915-92E1-4A82-9ED5-ED3CE4A85461.jpeg

6 minutes ago, NorthArlington101 said:

The GEPS actually did shift towards a cut west, unfortunately. Last GEPS talk I'll add - here are member lows + what its actually outputting. Mix of hits because of a good (coastal) track and some thumps. This doesn't paint the *full* picture -- if people want I could make gifs of both plots. But it's the GEPS so maybe not worth the effort haha

1674669600-GODme26yRl4.png1674669600-MydrjOgTueQ.png

In general, a farther cut west can sometimes work for a better front end if there’s more confluence over NE and we can get enough precipitation overrunning the warm front. Trick is the precip comes with the WAA, so there’s a balance there when our airmass is eternally marginal. But maybe that’s what the GEPS is keying on.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

In general, a farther cut west can sometimes work for a better front end if there’s more confluence over NE and we can get enough precipitation overrunning the warm front. Trick is the precip comes with the WAA, so there’s a balance there when our airmass is eternally marginal. But maybe that’s what the GEPS is keying on.  

GEFS was quietly better for likely the same reason - getting carried pretty hard by a member or two that goes nuts though. Curious to see the EURO/EPS -- which is what winter wx tracking is all about!

• Like 2