Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 13-14 Ski Season Savior

greenmtnwx

35 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think north of caribou is definitely where you want to be with this one.  I don’t think Presque isle is gonna do all to well in this next one, unless this goes east some.  

My buddies and I have a cabin rented In Sinclair for the winter….we’re hopping this gets them in the game, so we can get up there and do some sledding. 

holy cow, that is a long drive fromn CT!

1 hour ago, WinterWolf said:

I think north of caribou is definitely where you want to be with this one.  I don’t think Presque isle is gonna do all to well in this next one, unless this goes east some.  

My buddies and I have a cabin rented In Sinclair for the winter….we’re hopping this gets them in the game, so we can get up there and do some sledding. 

Double post-my bad

58 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

They are going to do fine there.

One thing i've been noticing, Is the lead northern stream s/w is getting a few tics further east before it phases with the southern s/w which has allowed the surface low to track into BGM and then VT instead of Ontario, Were starting to also see the cold air sinking a little more south with some front end snows starting to show up in more areas, Something to continue to watch as we get closer, That's usually the time when models start picking up on the colder air, 12z Euro shows it as well.

floop-ecmwf_full-2023011012.sn10_acc-imp.us_ne.gif

• Like 3

25 minutes ago, dryslot said:

One thing i've been noticing, Is the lead northern stream s/w is getting a few tics further east before it phases with the southern s/w which has allowed the surface low to track into BGM and then VT instead of Ontario, Were starting to also see the cold air sinking a little more south with some front end snows starting to show up in more areas, Something to continue to watch as we get closer, That's usually the time when models start picking up on the colder air, 12z Euro shows it as well.

Euro seems to give everyone some snow on the back side

7 minutes ago, Modfan2 said:

Euro seems to give everyone some snow on the back side

Didn't see much on the backend, That looked front loaded to me, Its a clown map just for a reference to something i've been watching, In the end, Its not going to help a whole lot out but it will probably end up a bit better in the areas that were inline from the get go anyways to get a bit more in the way of snow before it changes over.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dryslot said:

This has had that CAD look for a while now 

2 minutes ago, NW_of_GYX said:

I’m always skeptical of the strength of the cold air on the coastal plain. Sell that for now

I'm not seeing i live here, Last week was a great example as we remained in the 20's on the last storm, looks like HP is nosing in from the NE which generally is a good direction here into here.

2 hours ago, dryslot said:

Getting slightly interesting. Probably gives me 3 to 4 and Bryan 4-6.  Looks like you’re on the edge also. I still don’t expect that much snow but it’s good to see a trend in that direction so we can at least enjoy it for a little while.

7 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Getting slightly interesting. Probably gives me 3 to 4 and Bryan 4-6.  Looks like you’re on the edge also. I still don’t expect that much snow but it’s good to see a trend in that direction so we can at least enjoy it for a little while.

3K was even colder, That bleed from the HP to the north i think is real, Obviously we need to see it continue without regression.

7 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Backside snow here is less common than 20" dumps, though sometimes we get some delayed accum when the ULL passes overhead.

You look like you could be in a good spot for some on the front end, Backside stuff i never am here down sloping on NW winds.

3 hours ago, WinterWolf said:

Nice central location for N. Maine - not too far from the rail trail, and going the other way, good access into North Maine Woods.  I assume you've ridden into Deboullie, one of my favorite places though I've only been there once on a sled.  Usually not groomed but almost always with trails broken out (unless one happens to be first in).

10 minutes ago, dryslot said:

I'm not seeing i live here, Last week was a great example as we remained in the 20's on the last storm, looks like HP is nosing in from the NE which generally is a good direction here into here.

Good point and I think euro led the globals on that as well 

3 minutes ago, dryslot said:

3K was even colder, That bleed from the HP to the north i think is real, Obviously we need to see it continue without regression.

You look like you could be i a good spot for some on the front end, Backside stuff i never am here down sloping on NW winds.

GYX map has MBY in the 2-3" color.  Nam is nicer, 7-8".  Either way, 20 miles one way or the other doubles or halves the forecast here.  Still 2 days before the meat arrives; would love to have a forecast sequence like mid December, when GYX cut the 10-16 forecast to 8-12 as first flakes were falling, then both forecasts busted way low. :D

1 hour ago, tamarack said:

GYX map has MBY in the 2-3" color.  Nam is nicer, 7-8".  Either way, 20 miles one way or the other doubles or halves the forecast here.  Still 2 days before the meat arrives; would love to have a forecast sequence like mid December, when GYX cut the 10-16 forecast to 8-12 as first flakes were falling, then both forecasts busted way low. :D

Positive bust are the best.