Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 13-14 Ski Season Savior

greenmtnwx

4 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Maybe the mountain will just be closed and I can get a refund that way :lol:

Lurker here, I rarely post- but Ive been reading your plight. It snowed natural and man made) from Thursday thru Saturday at Sugarloaf and the skiing is absolutely phenomenal right now. Friday afternoon at the TOS it dumped snow-about 7"

I skied 1st tracks yesterday morning and it was 8 degrees at the base and froze my ass off. There is expert terrain right down to blues and they have wall to wall coverage. There will be plenty of terrain for your wife to ski............

It is winter at Sugarloaf.

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

GFS tries to get it done a different way this weekend.  That's a very unlikely way to go about it, but it keeps dangling the carrot one way or another.

gfs-deterministic-neng-total_snow_10to1-3730000.thumb.png.79a6fa53a87c3fbb277ba49636e868ab.png

It kind of has a wave riding up the front once it clears the coast, I'd be pretty skeptical of that, But it did move a bit east with the trough and SLP from 06z a bit.

1 minute ago, powderfreak said:

Highly skeptical of that for sure, ha.  No chance but looks fun.

The early phase and retreating HP is not doing us any justice at this time, We will need improvements on both fronts to at least ward off the warm air intrusion even into the ski areas of VT/NH and Northern Maine.

6 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

there isn't way to change the ski date? I know you're probably booked at the hotel and it's too late to back out, but I know when we went to Saddleback last year, it was super windy/snow on that friday and we were able to switch to Sat. Just had to pay the diff in tix price.

8 hours ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Have your wife call....perhaps have her mention something like your family was very much looking forward to the skiing vacation...and have her mention something along the lines of BUT the weather just doesn't look like it will allow for great skiing. ..then have her ask if it is possible to re-book for 2024..

Another possibility is disputing the charge with the credit card company...do that only after a few attempts to cancel the ski trip.

and keep in mind that being polite and nice goes a long way towards getting the desired result....One thing I always do when trying to resolve an issue is to ask the person how they are doing. And I always refer to the person by their name...

• Weenie 1

3 hours ago, dryslot said:

Talk to my buddy this morning in Eustis, There 15 miles past Sugarloaf, Told me they've had 10" since New Years, 3" of that was Saturday, They'll be fine with this one and would get upslope on the backside anyways.

Although I get there infrequently I follow SLoaf's conditions very carefully and they seem to be in good shape having avoided the big torch and rain and some snow since New Year's. 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, fz583 said:

That would be awesome, supposed to head to Presque Isle on Saturday or Sunday, if I have to drive NW a smidge so be it to unload. 

I think north of caribou is definitely where you want to be with this one.  I don’t think Presque isle is gonna do all to well in this next one, unless this goes east some.  

My buddies and I have a cabin rented In Sinclair for the winter….we’re hopping this gets them in the game, so we can get up there and do some sledding. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I think north of caribou is definitely where you want to be with this one.  I don’t think Presque isle is gonna do all to well in this next one, unless this goes east some.  

My buddies and I have a cabin rented In Sinclair for the winter….we’re hopping this gets them in the game, so we can get up there and do some sledding. 

You guys have access to the cabin through the whole winter?