• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Just a quick poll---not tied to panic

moneypitmike

Not a panic poll--just taking the pulse.  

67 members have voted

1. 1. Do you anticipate needing to use your snowblower in 2023 prior to next winter?

55 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

So far this winter, I have shoveled leaves, stones, and the debris left behind when my firewood was delivered. I have yet to shovel snow....the snowblower might as well go back to the storage shed. It is taking up valuable space in my garage.

I ended up unburying and moving it from the back of the garage yesterday--changing places with my lawnmower.  Might have been a waste of time.  :)

I have an electric one and rarely use it.  Since I've purchased it 5 years ago I think I've used it 6 times.  Usually it's not enough to bother (I have a small 2 car driveway), or, too wet to use it efficiently.  At the same time, no way I'm spending money on a fancy two stage for the two or three sloppy storms per year I might get some use out of it.  It's worked fine on the big storms we have had where the snow was 8:1 or higher.  I voted no because if there's anywhere that's probably gonna get screwed this year, it's the coastal plain down here near Narragansett Bay, with warm SST's and warm tounge's at 900mb on the NAM. :P

On 1/7/2023 at 9:44 AM, Angus said:

I like to shovel. Actually have an old snowblower which broke 6-7 years ago and never have fixed, trying to figure out how to get rid of it.

I also like to shovel.  Shoveling is a great workout. I enjoy being outside during a storm. That is the best way to experience winter.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, weathafella said:

I have a brand new one looking rather lonely.  As soon as I got it the progs turned to turd.

I bought a new one last year, I think I used it twice, maybe only once. The 5 inches I got this year was light powder, so I shoveled but even in the ratter years I used it at least once, so I anticipate we'll get our chances.