Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
Friday, January 6, 2023 Light snow event

weatherwiz

38 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

A whopping 1 3/4 inches of snow(on car) in Methuen. Snow began around 9 AM but there wasn't any accumulation till around 2 PM. Anything that fell prior to then melted.  There was less accumulation on the ground than on the car. There are bare spots on the lawn. Driveway is just wet.

Yea. Pretty sure all guidance busted way low on temps for the overnight.

An inch of glop has staying power if you can get a hard freeze right after it. Instead ground isn’t even frozen so with the overnight melting, soil soaked it right up. 

Back to brown pretty quick 

Just now, jbenedet said:

An inch of glop has staying power if you can get a hard freeze right after it. Instead ground isn’t even frozen so with the overnight melting, soil soaked it right up. 

Already signs of melting especially in the front yard.  Up to 3 3/4 inches of snow on the season.  At least the next week passes by with little winter weather. 

A winter to remember!!

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

Unfrozen ground definitely plays a roll. I hit 29F early this morning, which is about what I was expecting, but the warmer areas are getting bare. Stuck well initially but wet and unfrozen takes a toll. Very spring-like. 

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, jbenedet said:

DAW low of 31. 

PSM 32.

Guidance:

6121B77D-2AD8-4939-B3A1-7CC5525FDF05.png

8FD71C4E-01E4-48E3-94F7-C2400386FA3D.png

They were a little too low, but that sub 25° was for the rad pit in CON. When you look at the gfs gridpoint numbers it was about 28° around DAW, but some of that may be resolution related. 

The Swiss nailed it though. A little heat island around DAW with upper 20s around the area. 

image.png

With temperatures a few tenths of a degree above freezing and no wind yesterday's snowfall was a beauty in my hood.  Last night skies  cleared and there was also  a full "super" moon.  How many times does all this coincide?  Pretty rare.  I woke up around 2am and the house  was so bright. Besides the full moon all the snow on the foliage added to the brightness.   I decided to get dressed and take a walk.  Outside there was total total silence, calm and eerily beautiful.  Here are a few shots taken by my cellphone.  Wow, what a night.  I will remember it for a long time.

Birch snow.jpg

Chair snow.jpg

house corner.jpg

Magical house.jpg

• Like 16
  • Thanks 2

24 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

With temperatures a few tenths of a degree above freezing and no wind yesterday's snowfall was a beauty in my hood.  Last night skies  cleared and there was also  a full "super" moon.  How many times does all this coincide?  Pretty rare.  I woke up around 2am and the house  was so bright. Besides the full moon all the snow on the foliage added to the brightness.   I decided to get dressed and take a walk.  Outside there was total total silence, calm and eerily beautiful.  Here are a few shots taken by my cellphone.  Wow, what a night.  I will remember it for a long time.

Birch snow.jpg

Chair snow.jpg

house corner.jpg

Magical house.jpg

wow awesome!

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, wxeyeNH said:

Birch snow.jpg

Chair snow.jpg

house corner.jpg

Magical house.jpg

Truly truly amazing! And a good reminder that there are certain things in life we can’t control and it’s really powerful to just be present to what’s actually happening in every moment. Life always has something to reveal.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

18 hours ago, mahk_webstah said:

Truly truly amazing! And a good reminder that there are certain things in life we can’t control and it’s really powerful to just be present to what’s actually happening in every moment. Life always has something to reveal.

Yes! Glad I came back to this thread.