Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Friday, January 6, 2023 Light snow event

weatherwiz

Just now, Typhoon Tip said:

Despite the radar imagery we’ve gone back to cat paws and light rain here maybe the occasional bigger white streaks by

So I guess some of that was bright banding despite CC. Maybe the beam was too high to sample low level junk temps. 22" in Dracut cancel.

3 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Despite that one band, I think we will have to wait until it gets its act together near or after lunch time. Mesos do show that. Nice supercell offshore on HRRR. LOL.

Hope you have better luck with the HRRR down there then i had up here when it kept showing 5" of snow here for yesterday, Its been hot garbage.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Despite that one band, I think we will have to wait until it gets its act together near or after lunch time. Mesos do show that. Nice supercell offshore on HRRR. LOL.

Lift is a lot better with the midday/afternoon stuff.

Looks like that will have to happen in order for this to get anywhere close to a 2 to 3 inch accumulation… Just looking at the behavior of this so far,  as other people have noted, very intensity related. When that band went through we did flip over and wasn’t falling heavy or anything but it definitely was convincing aggregates. As soon as the radar showed that band attenuate we’re right back to the light sleet and light rain routine. 

We’ll have to see if the meso models were on this or full of shit

Will this turn to snow in the Boston area and a little south in the heavier bands this afternoon? Also is the temp gonna drop overnight enough to freeze any remaining water? Just trying to plan for treating the parking lots that we take care of. Always a tough call. Thank you as always for the information here 

1 minute ago, Massplow said:

Will this turn to snow in the Boston area and a little south in the heavier bands this afternoon? Also is the temp gonna drop overnight enough to freeze any remaining water? Just trying to plan for treating the parking lots that we take care of. Always a tough call. Thank you as always for the information here 

It should. Not sure there will be much to plow in the city and just south, but temps fall below freezing late tonight, so my guess is they'll be some icy spots.

• Thanks 1