• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

even with a 50/50 low it becomes a cutter probably because the storm is more amped(phases over plains), but the 11th being more north and closer to a phase is a step in the right direction as well as stronger confluence, hopefully it continues and gets picked up by other guidance. CMC looks like coastal rainstorm

obv wouldnt take op runs too seriously because they are op runs and we are 7-8d out

2 minutes ago, Solution Man said:

We are finding more ways to fail, gonna take up a new hobby in 2050

Man I’m not sure I’m cut out for this hobby.  Massive rain storm in Jan and there is warm air pushing in behind it.  Warm and wet. Warm and dry.  

3 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:

Next this thing is going to morph into a glorified cold front like the 2 or 3 other 'threats' we've had. I'm taking up watching paint dry as a hobby instead of winter weather from now on.

Watching the drama of the House Speaker vote is far more entertaining than this! :lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Last night I was going to bet on snow?  Well tonight as I look at a screaming jet off the pacific and crazy ocean warmth sitting in the Gulf and off the southeast coast I’d think we will be seeing more in the way of tornado outbreaks.  It wouldn’t shock me to see 70s in February with 50-65 mph winds heavy rain severe thunderstorms along with tornadoes Mid Atlantic like we saw in February 2017.  I think it was that year?

• Like 1

Yes…rain to start everywhere but mountains transition to heavy, wet snow (verbatim) from Saturday night on.  This thing isn’t set in stone so I expect it could end up a cutter, a redeveloper from TN valley, etc.  

Some winters are just like this. We will get a big snowstorm again, and when it happens it will be 100X more satisfying………..I hope right?

• Like 2

Back to looking for cold air.  WB 0Z CFS gives sustained cold starting the period after January 20 through February 20 (with the peak of the cold in the first part of February).  EPS also has the EPO going negative at the end of its run around the 20th, We will see but our winter chances are not over yet….

4D70F2A0-6D45-4FB4-AABE-64D698F4B3ED.png

3488E3E1-7073-4A1E-9588-E965393CF8A0.png

Now that all guidance is depicting a phasing of the 2 shortwaves, I think we need the PNA ridge (that is progressing eastward) to be more progressive- further east so the phase occurs later. No amount of temporary confluence out in front is going to help much with marginal cold and a wrapped up bowling ball with southerly winds driving warm air up the east coast.

1 minute ago, CAPE said:

Now that all guidance is depicting a phasing of the 2 shortwaves, I think we need the PNA ridge (that is progressing eastward) to be more progressive- further east so the phase occurs later. No amount of temporary confluence out in front is going to help much with marginal cold and a wrapped up bowling ball with southerly winds driving warm air up the east coast.

Another solution 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic