Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

50 minutes ago, DarkSharkWX said:

Don't think so, at least in east Pacific, prob should ask someone else with more knowledge on that than me tho lmao

The dark Pacific is largely unknown to us and shrouded in mystery. Strange energy readings emanating from the ocean's surface hint at the possibility of advanced technology or even extraterrestrial life.

Here be Dragons! | Karl Barth for Dummies

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

21 minutes ago, George001 said:

Climate change. That’s what it is, people don’t want to hear it but it is the truth. It takes more and more to go right to get snow, I’m noticing it even in SNE.

Was it climate change that just brought Buffalo a once or twice a century blizzard?  Or that just gave Duluth, MN a record snowfall total for December?  Or that just gave us record breaking cold in December here in the mountains of western VA?

Or is only climate change when we don’t get the snow we wish for in our backyards? :rolleyes:

5 minutes ago, WesternFringe said:

Was it climate change that just brought Buffalo a once or twice a century blizzard?  Or that just gave Duluth, MN a record snowfall total for December?  Or that just gave us record breaking cold here in the mountains of western VA?

Or is only climate change when we don’t get the snow we wish for in our backyards? :rolleyes:

Yes. 

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, StormyClearweather said:

Yes. 

So, record snow from bombogenesis (which should decrease in frequency with a warming climate, according to IPCC 6) in Buffalo is climate change.  Record cold is climate change.  And droughts of snow is climate change.  When it is super hot it is climate change.  When we have drought it is climate change.  When we rain more than normal it is climate change. Bigger hurricanes (which we haven’t seen) are the result of climate change.  Got it.

Are there any weather phenomena that are not the result of climate change?  Lol

Just now, Maestrobjwa said:

This is how I know I'd absolutely hate it during the winter in the deep south and the west. How ya live like this in winter? Smh BOO

I can’t control it friend, ain’t worth the energy getting upset and it ruining my days. Find joy elsewhere when you can. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

This is how I know I'd absolutely hate it during the winter in the deep south and the west. How ya live like this in winter? Smh Ain't nothin' to look forward too! Warm air belongs in April-Oct 

Winter is better regardless. No bugs. Comfortable temps. Weak sun.  Everything brown and inactive. If only it could last for 12 months, even if it never snowed.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, CAPE said:

Winter is better regardless. No bugs. Comfortable temps. Weak sun.  Everything brown and inactive. If only it could last for 12 months, even if it never snowed.

We much prefer doing most things like backpacking, camping, etc during winter for exactly that reason.   No sweat and no bugs.  

• Like 2

2 hours ago, psuhoffman said:

It's not that far off, yea this run of the euro totally lost the 50/50 so that part is not good but there is way more right than wrong with the picture 

111579804_compday.H8glXBUPQH(1).gif.68ec8f6e13a459da22105c7999152ec9.gif

Poor comparison imo. The period leading up to that had a west based block with a 50-50 low (in a Nino), which we can see the remnants of there as it broke down just ahead of the approaching storm- often associated with a KU. The height pattern progressed to that point a completely different way than we are looking at now. Plus the lower 48 and Canada wasn't a torch leading in.

Composite Plot

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic