Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

7 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

You're really not wrong about that--I mean seriously. Any lurkers here that were psych majors? I'd pay to hear a psychoanalysis of this forum, lol I mean I'd legit welcome it, actually--many of us have got to learn to cope better, seriously.

This hobby is a more healthy form of gambling

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, jayyy said:

That high pressure in Canada is in a shitty position for starters.

9 minutes ago, Ji said:

ive seen worse...that should still be Cadding us

Ji is right. The high is actually in a perfect position.  
AAD5E1FD-39C6-41F0-8FCC-9D8379FD1772.thumb.png.bdc00e7c4afbf31e52badee39934ed60.png

Banana over the top!  The other map only showed the center of highest pressure giving the false impression the high was not ideal. Actually this is a great pressure representation. Can we please stop trying to find excuses. The thermal profile over N America is just so warm that it makes it REALLY difficult and even with a perfect High and low track it might still only end up a mostly rain event. What it did this run was at least mean some frozen to start and a snow event for the mountains. But even with a close to perfect synoptic progression it wasn’t enough to save us because the airmass is just so awful. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Ji is right. The high is actually in a perfect position.  
AAD5E1FD-39C6-41F0-8FCC-9D8379FD1772.thumb.png.bdc00e7c4afbf31e52badee39934ed60.png

Banana over the top!  The other map only showed the center of highest pressure giving the false impression the high was not ideal. Actually this is a great pressure representation. Can we please stop trying to find excuses. The thermal profile over N America is just so warm that it makes it REALLY difficult and even with a perfect High and low track it might still only end up a mostly rain event. What it did this run was at least mean some frozen to start and a snow event for the mountains. But even with a close to perfect synoptic progression it wasn’t enough to save us because the airmass is just so awful. 

It’s a modeled airmass, over a week out. That has to factor into the thinking. 

• Like 2

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic