Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January Mid/Long Range Disco 2

WinterWxLuvr

2 minutes ago, Terpeast said:

Moving to Watertown or Montreal wouldn't have helped in this storm. 

I mean, you gotta laugh.

Honestly if it wasn't for the fact my 4 year old loves snow and is asking me literally every day with a quivering lip "when's it gonna snow daddy" I probably wouldn't care at all anymore. 

• Sad 8

BTW one thing we should clear up...there is still a 50/50 low on the guidance.  Its there...as the system we are watching is in the MS valley getting its act together there is a low over the 50/50 area just like we want...its just not the sub 500 monster polar vortex of doom some guidance was showing before from a convoluted polar jet phase phase with a mid lat system leading to a bomb cyclone.  We shouldn't need all that.  

4 minutes ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Your son might be our spirit animal, lol But man that is sad though...

It's Nora actually.  My son is 8 now, and yea he likes to play in the snow but he is way more indifferent about it.  But Nora's little heart is broken by the fact is hasn't snowed yet.  

Just now, WxUSAF said:

Kaiser has some bootleg confluence rings pushes it south of its 0z solution. Not the pig 50-50 low we need here, but better.

Now...when i was looking through other stuff than just precip, i thought everyting did look better with more NS influence.  So colder solution but terrible track.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

It's Nora actually.  My son is 8 now, and yea he likes to play in the snow but he is way more indifferent about it.  But Nora's little heart is broken by the fact is hasn't snowed yet.  

Oh shoot I'm sorry--don't know why I was thinking ya had all sons, lol But yeah all the same...we feel ya, Nora!

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

move to Fort Kent Maine..problem solved forever

3 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

BTW one thing we should clear up...there is still a 50/50 low on the guidance.  Its there...as the system we are watching is in the MS valley getting its act together there is a low over the 50/50 area just like we want...its just not the sub 500 monster polar vortex of doom some guidance was showing before from a convoluted polar jet phase phase with a mid lat system leading to a bomb cyclone.  We shouldn't need all that.  

It seems we do need that now.

1 minute ago, Maestrobjwa said:

Oh shoot I'm sorry--don't know why I was thinking ya had all sons, lol But yeah all the same...yeah I feel ya, Nora

MLK weekend I am taking the kids skiing somewhere and it has to be somewhere that has snow OTG also so they can play in it.  At this rate I might be driving to Nunavut 

Just now, HighStakes said:

This is still our best shot so far! I really don't see it as a thread the needle type deal. 

I don't see has convoluted when it really appears to be one element that determines the whole thing--the 50/50. But of course you could argue that the forming of the 50/50 itself is a bit convoluted and thread the needle, lol

14 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Honestly if it wasn't for the fact my 4 year old loves snow and is asking me literally every day with a quivering lip "when's it gonna snow daddy" I probably wouldn't care at all anymore. 

Damn, that’s kinda heartbreaking. If it were me, I’d have a lot more angst about this too. My wife was just happy to see a brief squall pass through, and my little girl is not even 2 years old yet. For her, ignorance is bliss. I just gotta be careful not to talk too much about snow in our house.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic