• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
January 2023 Obs

yotaman

I got ~2" since yesterday! Over the last 9 days, I've gotten ~4", which is about as much as I got from November through Jan 21st thanks to La Niña induced dryness! This is helping the drought conditions immensely. Kudos to the Euro and others for picking up on this El Niño-like wetness late this month.

39 minutes ago, NorthHillsWx said:

Cousin in Richmond reported a surprise 1/2” of snow from a heavy burst this morning. Brother in Urbana on the bay has a dusting. If we can hang onto the precip long enough tonight we may have a shot at a few surprises…

With the way models have trended, the area to look for a surprise would be east of 95/south of rocky mount, to near the coast. Would require colder air than modeled, but I think we've seen that so far.Dry air will likely win out for the Piedmont 

January finished 6.4 degrees above average in January, the warmest since 2006. Honestly this is pretty surprising, considering we didn't have many particularly warm days, and plenty of fairly chilly ones. 

Raleigh finished 8.2 degrees above average, the warmest since 1950, and the 7th warmest in 136 years of records!

2 hours ago, olafminesaw said:

January finished 6.4 degrees above average in January, the warmest since 2006. Honestly this is pretty surprising, considering we didn't have many particularly warm days, and plenty of fairly chilly ones. 

Raleigh finished 8.2 degrees above average, the warmest since 1950, and the 7th warmest in 136 years of records!

Misery index was the highest in my lifetime. We’ve had snowless Januarys in my life but couple that with the hottest January of my lifetime and lack of absolutely anything to track within 7 days, and the rash of rainy/foggy days, this makes January 2022 easily the worst January of my life (weather wise).

4 hours ago, olafminesaw said:

With the way models have trended, the area to look for a surprise would be east of 95/south of rocky mount, to near the coast. Would require colder air than modeled, but I think we've seen that so far.Dry air will likely win out for the Piedmont 

Latest HRRR brings some snow east of 95 in a heavy burst. I think some areas could get a taste of winter