Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
Interior NW & NE Burbs 2023

IrishRob17

52 minutes ago, IrishRob17 said:

Crow...it's what I'm eating for dinner.  .53" here on the day, WAY more than I expected. Nice job Upton on that map IMBY. 

IMG_4875.jpeg

Yeah was a pretty great call i was fully expecting to have to water everything this weekend. 

• Like 1

This cool weather has done wonders for a volunteer parsnip in one of my garden beds. The thing is 3 feet tall and is the happiest root veggie I've ever grown. The real pleasure is I haven't done a thing to it, didn't plant it, haven't trimmed it and haven't watered it more than once. I keep thinking that when I pull it it's gonna be like 3" long :ph34r: 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Juliancolton said:

Lo 40/hi 82 today. It's fun when you can just overshoot the entire range of human comfort in a few hours. 

78/41 was yesterdays split here, it was pretty warm in the sun working the grill yesterday afternoon. Delicious dews thankfully. 46 for the low this morning. 

• Like 1

I had the heat on this week and it was killing me!  Not because of the measly cost, which ain't much compared to the heart of winter but the fact that it was warming up the house. My mother in law, who retired to GA years ago is visiting her blood is pretty thin nowadays. Gorgeous morning out there. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

I had the heat on this week and it was killing me!  Not because of the measly cost, which ain't much compared to the heart of winter but the fact that it was warming up the house. My mother in law, who retired to GA years ago is visiting her blood is pretty thin nowadays. Gorgeous morning out there. 

Surely an electric heater would have served you better.

Recommend the oil core heaters, gentle heat, no fire risk, keeps the room cozy without heating the whole house.

25 minutes ago, BxEngine said:

Id love to see a heater with no fire risk. Can we make those universal? :P

Yeah, I have a friend who lost her house years ago because her son had an oil core heater plugged into an extension cord…. Safer than a kerosene heater but…. Job security for you in addition to e-bike batteries but I digress.  Another stellar day, up to 81, which is a bit warm for me but a dew of 56 and the breeze makes it nice. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, IrishRob17 said:

Yeah, I have a friend who lost her house years ago because her son had an oil core heater plugged into an extension cord…. Safer than a kerosene heater but…. Job security for you in addition to e-bike batteries but I digress.  Another stellar day, up to 81, which is a bit warm for me but a dew of 56 and the breeze makes it nice. 

Just awful, but surely not the heater's fault if the electric wiring it is plugged into goes up in flames. 

As an airplane designer once said: It is really hard to make something fool proof because we keep getting better fools.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, gravitylover said:

And that's what happened. I didn't even get .01 but the street is wet. Not so much under the trees :( The lightning and grey sheet is a mile and a half east, down the hill so I can watch it sliding by. Yay :huh:

I drove through Jefferson valley and it was torrential with trees down.  Got to Red Mills and nothing!